new shoes, now socks slide down to toes

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Just picked up a pair of nice slip on Doc Marten shoes to replace my old lace up docs and my socks keep sliding down to my toe area, pulling down over the heel, and making it uncomfortable.

Is there some sort of product out there that stop this, short of velcro or adhesive glue or is it just going to happen until i break in my shoes....

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: slag
Just picked up a pair of nice slip on Doc Marten shoes to replace my old lace up docs and my socks keep sliding down to my toe area, pulling down over the heel, and making it uncomfortable.

Is there some sort of product out there that stop this, short of velcro or adhesive glue or is it just going to happen until i break in my shoes....

sock garters!

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy

sock garters!

oh hell no.. nah man.. i imagine i'd get my ass kicked for wearing those.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

sock garters!

who is to know?

LS21

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
there are non-slip socks with grippy elasticy inners that will keep you from slipping... but anyway doc martens are not so nice

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Are the insides leather? Good chance the shoes are either loose or slippery inside. You can buy those gel insoles or better fitting shoes if you really don't want to wear sock garters.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: LS21
there are non-slip socks with grippy elasticy inners that will keep you from slipping... but anyway doc martens are not so nice

shrug. i like them. They fit snug enough, i think the inner lining is just so new that its grabbing my socks and my foot is wiggling out of them when i walk.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

sock garters!

You wearing them with shorts or something? How would anyone know?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus

sock garters!

You wearing them with shorts or something? How would anyone know?

With full pants, only you know that you have them on.

For what it matters, this trick is used by some executives and also it taught to officers in the military.

If you use it, you actually are in decent company.:thumbsup: