NEW! SAPPHIRE AMD HD 6850 Benchmark/Review @ 950/1150 w/ AMD 11.4p Drivers!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GaiaHunter

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2008
In all fairness, even if they did make the game faster, who cares? it over a year old.

Really thats a little late, don't you think?:'(

What?

Of course people care.

Not every game is worth $/€50, but @ $/€10 it a lot easier to justify a game and better than pirate 1.

Absolution75

Dec 3, 2007
Most of the graphs are useless because you don't have a single control. You can't compare clockspeed AND driver revisions in the same data. . . You really can't make any conclusions about any of this data...

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
Most of the graphs are useless because you don't have a single control. You can't compare clockspeed AND driver revisions in the same data. . . You really can't make any conclusions about any of this data...

They are not there to be compared, they are there to be referenced.

It's about the FPS, drivers or no drivers.

rogerdv

Dec 2, 2010
Hmm, 68 seems like something I can live with. Anyway I dont plan any gaming marathon during summer days. Now lets hope Catalyst gets better under Linux too, I have been waiting for a year to have video playback acceleration (and we still dont have it) and tessellation works only in recent releases.

Absolution75

Dec 3, 2007
They are not there to be compared, they are there to be referenced.

It's about the FPS, drivers or no drivers.

I'm trying to be polite when I say this, these benchmarks are even more pointless then; and the title of this thread is incredibly misleading.

This is no longer a review in the sense that you are comparing video cards at various settings, its more of a statement: "these cards produce frames per second, and this is what they are" - this is a rather obvious statement.

It just seems like you're trying to market 11.4p as a driver that improves FPS (especially when you say "there are noticeable improvements on GPU-centric benchmark even at the same clocks!") but later say that they are just for reference. This is very inconsistent.

Last edited:

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
I'm trying to be polite when I say this, these benchmarks are even more pointless then; and the title of this thread is incredibly misleading.

This is no longer a review in the sense that you are comparing video cards at various settings, its more of a statement: "these cards produce frames per second, and this is what they are" - this is a rather obvious statement.

Well, sorry that i don't own f'ing 15 different video cards that i can test out. I'm not getting paid for this, i'm putting in my personal time. Sorry if it's not good enough for you.

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
Hmm, 68 seems like something I can live with. Anyway I dont plan any gaming marathon during summer days. Now lets hope Catalyst gets better under Linux too, I have been waiting for a year to have video playback acceleration (and we still dont have it) and tessellation works only in recent releases.
That's with the GPU load @ 99%. Usually, during gaming, it hangs around 54-60c

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
I need to go right now, but i wanna make sure i get STALKER right. Be back later with update benchmarks.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Not sure if I did something wrong, but when I went from 11.2 to 11.4, my STALKER benchmark scores DROPPED by around 10%.
Didn't restart between drivers though, and CCC doesn't want to show without a restart, so I don't know if CCC settings are somehow different or something.

11.2 vs 11.4
DX11 Ultra, 0xAA, 8xAF

Tessellation and SSAO off, averages only:
Day: 64.75 vs 62.85
Night: 60.3 vs 55.86
Rain: 66.45 vs 60.57
SunShafts: 29.13 vs 29.0

Tessellation and SSAO ON, averages:
Day: 54.53 vs 47.3
Night: 51.5 vs 43.95
Rain: 55.3 vs 46.55
SunShafts: 26.5 vs 25.5

Edit: Apparently CCC just won't load at all, woo. I guess that's the reward for preview drivers.

Last edited:

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
I have all 3 STALKER games. And Bad Company 2.

Ill test them now. Abit a lower resolution.

Last edited: