Question New PSU and now I have low fps

May 3, 2019
My PSU is in RMA and I have a temp one. Now my fps are low. It shouldn't be linked, but nothing changed in my system other than that. I updated windows, graphics driver (ddu uninstall), malware scan, killed background processes- no go. Temps are 33C. An 850W PSU should be enough for my system. Could another bad PSU cause this sort of issue?

Jul 27, 2020
Looks like some serious driver issue. If you have a spare SSD/HDD, you can temporarily remove the existing one and try a fresh Windows install on the spare one to see how the fps look.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Weren't you here before, under another username, having trolled about a combo of parts and also in over a dozen other forums? It seems very suspicious.

I'm too lazy to look through my past posts but I seem to recall something like this happening.... I posted, JG posted, a mod posted, I linked to several forums you put the topic in... something something suspicious.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
If you aren't the same person, why would you be insulted?

Looking through my past posts doesn't tell me if you started up a new username to continue the insanity, If You Did.

If you did not, then I apologize, but something is still suspicious. The facts don't all add up.

Reactions: john3850
Jul 27, 2020
I see that you have two SSDs. Take out the primary one, put the other one in the first NVMe slot, and just install Windows on that. Windows won't touch your existing data. Afterwards, you can delete the Windows/Program Files/Users folders when you are done testing the new install.

May 3, 2019
Fixed it! In EVGA's Precision X1 software there is a slider for Target Power and GPU Temp and can be linked. It was set to 7% power. It's an awful piece of work. It turns off 1 fan and sets the other 2 to 35% sometimes randomly even under load. I have to monitor the fan RPM and speed in AIDA64 sensor panel because sometimes it just decides to default to that. Almost overheated my card day 1. Anyway, little hope of them fixing this dumpster file now... I appreciate the coherent help even if it ended up not being the problem. =)

Reactions: igor_kavinski