• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

New Poll Shows Clinton Trails Top '08 Republicans

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
16,987
1
0
Story here.

Zogby's latest shows Clinton trailing 5 top GOP candidates. This has got to be disheartening news for Team Billary, as she has watched her once "inevitable" status disappear. She's fighting desperately in Iowa, where it looks like Obama will upset her. Could we be seeing the beginning of the end for the Clinton campaign?
 

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006
4,559
1
0
A loss in Iowa won't stop Clinton, IMO.
She still leads by double digits in New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina, and Florida.
 

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
18,251
5
0
I think she wins the candidacy of the Democratic Party.

And then all the people who thought this election would be a cake walk will be in for a rude awakening when she runs into real trouble in the general election.

Right now Hillary is losing ground in her own party; imagine how that translates to a general election where half the country already doesn?t care for her.
 

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
18,251
5
0
Clinton, a New York senator who has been at the top of the Democratic pack in national polls in the 2008 race, trails Republican candidates Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, Fred Thompson, John McCain and Mike Huckabee by three to five percentage points in the direct matches.

In July, Clinton narrowly led McCain, an Arizona senator, and held a five-point lead over former New York Mayor Giuliani, a six-point lead over former Tennessee Sen. Thompson and a 10-point lead over former Massachusetts Gov. Romney.
Losing to every one of them!!!!
 

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
3,227
5
76
I wouldn't get so excited yet, Hillary haters, better check the messenger.
"Zogby predicted a comfortable win for John Kerry (311 electoral votes, versus 213 for Bush, with 14 too close to call), saying that "Bush had this election lost a long time ago," adding that voters wanted a change and would vote for "any candidate who was not Bush."
Text
 

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
5,947
0
0
I think you're making too much of the data, Pabster. Wish we didn't have to put up with all this election crap now. The election is still a year away and a lot can happen.
 

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
16,987
1
0
Originally posted by: woodie1
I think you're making too much of the data, Pabster. Wish we didn't have to put up with all this election crap now. The election is still a year away and a lot can happen.
I disagree. Zogby and Rasmussen are time and again the most reliable and consistent pollers. Zogby got it wrong vis-a-vi Kerry '04 but you've got to look at the overall track record. Rasmussen also has Hillary sinking, Rudy ahead of her nationally, and Fred within a point either way (basically a dead heat).

But you're right. There's a lot of time left.
 

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
70,150
2
0
I don't like Hillary and really would prefer Obama to get the nomination. If the democrats do nominate Hillary and lose, it's really their fault for putting forth a subpar candidate. There is nothing fantastic about her at all.

Given the performance of Bush, if the democrats lose the next election, I don't know if it speaks volumes about their gross incomptence to run a campaign or the gross incompetence of the American people to pick effective leaders, or both, but if the Republicans win again to run the show for another four years I hope to hell it's not Rudy in office.

I still predict a democratic win, though. I just hope it's not swillary, or edwards (obviously).
 

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
8,475
0
76
Why is Ron Paul still not included in stories like this? Almost all polls I've seen, he's either first or second or at least he has more votes than Fred Thompson and John McCain.

Am I missing something?
 

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
42,591
5
0
Originally posted by: brxndxn
Why is Ron Paul still not included in stories like this? Almost all polls I've seen, he's either first or second or at least he has more votes than Fred Thompson and John McCain.

Am I missing something?
Paul has not been able to show that he is a visible candidate within the public eye.
I do not know what the flaw is; but until he can demonstrate that he can actually pull in votes, he will be considered a second.third tear candidate.

Senators at least have to win state wide; a Representive only their district - the proof in the pudding package is much smaller.

 

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
29,582
11
76
Originally posted by: brxndxn
Why is Ron Paul still not included in stories like this? Almost all polls I've seen, he's either first or second or at least he has more votes than Fred Thompson and John McCain.

Am I missing something?
Fred Thompson is a real contender. Paul is a rocketship to the stars loaded with moonbats and radical righties.
 

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
18,251
5
0
Originally posted by: brxndxn
Why is Ron Paul still not included in stories like this? Almost all polls I've seen, he's either first or second or at least he has more votes than Fred Thompson and John McCain.

Am I missing something?
Care to provide a link to any of these polls you speak of?
 

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
12,501
1
81
Originally posted by: Pabster
Story here.

Zogby's latest shows Clinton trailing 5 top GOP candidates. This has got to be disheartening news for Team Billary, as she has watched her once "inevitable" status disappear. She's fighting desperately in Iowa, where it looks like Obama will upset her. Could we be seeing the beginning of the end for the Clinton campaign?
Does this mean you will start posting more Obama and Edwards bashing threads?
 

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
73,365
25,115
136
Just as a general poll here, how many poorly reasoned Hillary/Democrat bashing threads does Pabster generate here each day? It seems to be at least 2 or 3.
 

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
33,725
3,177
126
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Clinton, a New York senator who has been at the top of the Democratic pack in national polls in the 2008 race, trails Republican candidates Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, Fred Thompson, John McCain and Mike Huckabee by three to five percentage points in the direct matches.

In July, Clinton narrowly led McCain, an Arizona senator, and held a five-point lead over former New York Mayor Giuliani, a six-point lead over former Tennessee Sen. Thompson and a 10-point lead over former Massachusetts Gov. Romney.
Losing to every one of them!!!!
heheheee :) :)
 

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
4,480
1
81
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I don't like Hillary and really would prefer Obama to get the nomination. If the democrats do nominate Hillary and lose, it's really their fault for putting forth a subpar candidate. There is nothing fantastic about her at all.

Given the performance of Bush, if the democrats lose the next election, I don't know if it speaks volumes about their gross incomptence to run a campaign or the gross incompetence of the American people to pick effective leaders, or both, but if the Republicans win again to run the show for another four years I hope to hell it's not Rudy in office.
I think it is more America's gross incompetence in producing effective leaders.. or at least incompetence in producing effective leaders that have the connections and money to run. I have to agree though that I would much rather see Obama in there. Hillary represents all the worst of both parties. That's pretty scary...
 

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
67,522
4,198
126
I think that Democrats, like Republicans, hate themselves and choose the biggest pieces of shit they can to elect to get close to the feelings of being worthless.
 

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006
4,559
1
0
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: brxndxn
Why is Ron Paul still not included in stories like this? Almost all polls I've seen, he's either first or second or at least he has more votes than Fred Thompson and John McCain.

Am I missing something?
Fred Thompson is a real contender. Paul is a rocketship to the stars loaded with moonbats and radical righties.
Is that supposed to be a joke?
 

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
2,624
237
106
this Zogby poll is pure garbage. Not only does it use more motivated poll takers who have to register on the internet to take these polls, it also polled during Thanksgiving. Anyone with an email can register so I am surprised that the Ron Paul people haven't bombed the site yet.

Go to realclearpolitics poll aggregate
There are 23 head to head match ups for Clinton vs. the Republican candidates. She is only trailing in 2 trials. Of course the media doesn't mention these polls and what to hype the one garbage internet poll that fits the narrative that Clinton's support is collapsing.
 

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
11,521
0
76
Originally posted by: chowderhead
this Zogby poll is pure garbage. Not only does it use more motivated poll takers who have to register on the internet to take these polls, it also polled during Thanksgiving. Anyone with an email can register so I am surprised that the Ron Paul people haven't bombed the site yet.

Go to realclearpolitics poll aggregate
There are 23 head to head match ups for Clinton vs. the Republican candidates. She is only trailing in 2 trials. Of course the media doesn't mention these polls and what to hype the one garbage internet poll that fits the narrative that Clinton's support is collapsing.
Your logic is flawed because ALL polls are garbage! ;)
 

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
35,466
1
76
Well i know alot of people that if Hillary was running against Satan, would have a hard time choosing
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY