New pistol with a built-in silencer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
ROFL!! Yep, everyone needs a silencer for "personal protection".

I have an HK USP Tactical with an Osprey 45 suppressor in my night stand for exactly that purpose. I'm not damaging my hearing because some shithead decides to break into my house.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
I need this for "personal uses".

Usually the best thing to put on your form 4 is "all lawful and investment purposes"

I can't wait to pick up the one they approved last Sunday, my new assassin kit will be fun to use during deer and elk jihad this year.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
You are either trolling or an idiot. Which is it?

Definitely an idiot. What he doesn't realize is that suppressors are getting easier and easier to use all the time, partially thanks to the fine fine work at the American suppressor association and politicians who care about the hearing health and firearms rights of citizens. He is just going to have to choke on it, hopefully someday we can get them removed from the NFA so we can buy assassin tools right off the shelf like we should be able to.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
*raises hand*

Judges are gimmicky and overrated. If I'm looking for a shotgun, I'll pick one that comes in a proper shotgun gauge to start. I don't have much use for .410, although I know someone people just love it.

The idea seems to be a lot of firepower at near point blank range. I'd say they achieved that goal. Obviously it's not something one would use for a long range engagement.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
How long before we see 500 round machine guns, with built in silencers sold on the street corners. This is what gun nuts want.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
How long before we see 500 round machine guns, with built in silencers sold on the street corners. This is what gun nuts want.

channeling mayne? skywalker? brainhulk? silverback? Hal9000???

Last edited:

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Achmed_I_Kill_You_xlarge.gif

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
*raises hand*

Judges are gimmicky and overrated. If I'm looking for a shotgun, I'll pick one that comes in a proper shotgun gauge to start. I don't have much use for .410, although I know someone people just love it.

This.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
WTF, this shit needs to be illegal. Someone could take this to a theatre and start shooting people in the back of the head and no one would notice.

You could sneak into somones home in the dead of night and execute them in their sleep without anyone noticing. You could go bedroom to bedroom killing the whole family. This gun is designed to execute in silence. Sick.

That's why you have to go through a lengthy approval process. So the government can screen you before you go shooting people in the backs of their heads in theaters.

This sort of gun is a great boon for personal protection. Because when I get mugged in an alley by an assailant and I'm forced to use deadly force to defend myself, I don't want anyone to hear it.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
WTF, this shit needs to be illegal. Someone could take this to a theatre and start shooting people in the back of the head and no one would notice.

You could sneak into somones home in the dead of night and execute them in their sleep without anyone noticing. You could go bedroom to bedroom killing the whole family. This gun is designed to execute in silence. Sick.

You watch too many movies.

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003

LOL. I love you man. Without you and mcowen's gas thread this place would lose half its entertainment value.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The idea seems to be a lot of firepower at near point blank range. I'd say they achieved that goal.

An idea that's already been done with more effective designs using more effective ammunition mind you. You need a horse pistol? Get a horse pistol. You want a shotgun, get a shotgun. Combining the two gets you something that doesn't excel in either category. But hey, with a name like The Judge it will sell. Hence my opinion of it being gimmicky. My FiL has one, he started off loving it but now is much less impressed. He didn't care for my opinion on .410 for self-defense initially, but now seems to agree after playing around with it. Only puts .45 in it now, mumbles about how he should have gotten something smaller and more practical. Maybe I shouldn't have told him about the Serbu Shorty. ;) You want to settle an attacker down in a hurry, hard to beat 12 gauge, especially with those Winchester self-defense loads that hold ball and disc projectiles. Nasty! http://serbu.com/supershorty.html

Hey, anything is better than fingernails. Given a bad situation my disdain for .410 would evaporate pretty quickly. I'd made a .22 short work if I had too.

Obviously it's not something one would use for a long range engagement.

Obviously, particularly for people who know why Taurus made them to begin with. A courtroom's judge is usually within 30ft of the psycho who is contemplating rushing the bench with a shiv or captured sidearm. No Kentucky windage needed here folks.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Usually the best thing to put on your form 4 is "all lawful and investment purposes"

I can't wait to pick up the one they approved last Sunday, my new assassin kit will be fun to use during deer and elk jihad this year.

Ok, I have to ask. What did you go with, and what are you threading that bad boy on?

I'm thinking about doing that with a 7mm Rem Mag I have.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Much as I love my .357's, just a snub nosed S&W .38 Special is small nasty and mean.

DVeymAk.jpg

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Ok, I have to ask. What did you go with, and what are you threading that bad boy on?

Damn, you have a 7mm Rem Mag ?

I used to have a Gold Medallion Browning, those things make a 30-06 look whimpy.

I used to have one, wish I hadn't sold it at the time.

One hell of a sniper round.

Last edited:

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
When will hand held guns shoot lasers?
That should be completely silent compared to this garbage.
Pew pew

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006

The main rifle I will be packing around to use the can with is this Remington 700 AAC-SD I put together -

18156827564_6f4dbb1927_h.jpg

Has a Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 scope with Nightforce one piece base, KRG bolt lift, and YHM muzzle brake attachment for the suppressor (A YHM Phantom LTA).

I also plan to maybe use my AR-15, which has a YHM compatible mount as well, but a flash hider instead of a brake. I doubt I will use that much for hunting though.

I really, really wanted to get the SilencerCo Omega or Harvester, but the Omega was not in stock when I ordered from silencershop, and the YHM was on sale for $600. It maxes out with 308, but for larger calibers I plan to pick up that new SilencerCo Hybrid they announced last week, which can be used from pistol calibers all the way to 45-70.