New Outdoor Wyze Camera looks promising

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Wyze has a new outdoor camera that will start shipping in August...it is available for pre-order on their website for $50 plus $10 shipping and tax (which includes a base station and one camera - base station can support up to 4 cameras)....additional single cameras will be availabe in the future for $40 each....

1080p resolution and 3-6 month battery life sound pretty good for a product at this price...12 second video clips are sent to a cloud

• Weatherproof
  • Rechargeable battery-powered
  • 3- to 6-month expected battery life
  • 1080p HD live streaming
  • Motion detection
  • Night vision
  • Two-way audio
  • Built-in microSD card slot
  • Free 14-day cloud storage
  • Timelapses
  • Supports Alexa and Google Assistant
Wyze claims its new camera has an "offline travel mode" so you can pack your Wyze Cam Outdoor with you to watch over your hotel room -- or to capture timelapses while you're camping (I'd definitely like to try a night time timelapse). To enable travel mode, Wyze says you press the camera's sync button twice to connect it to your phone.
The Wyze Cam Outdoor Starter Bundle is available now at Wyze for $50.

I ordered one...

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Works Well?

It works well for what it is....The setup is very easy (no wires at all), the battery life is excellent (I have only charged it twice...it needs a few charging cycle to reach maximum capacity) and the picture quality is excellent as well.

This camera is not meant to be full time surveillance cam where you can view your camera 24/7 like a normal security cam DVR/NVR...

I am happy with my purchase...