New Osama Video on the eve of 9/11

Jan 12, 2003
-- Purported new video of Osama bin Laden and top aide, aired on the eve of 9/11 anniversary, warns 'the real battle has not started yet.'
Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com (AOL Keyword: CNN) for the latest news.

Story

Al-Jazeera aired what it said was new videotape of Osama bin Laden and his top deputy today, on the eve of the 9/11 anniversary. Bin Laden reportedly praises the hijackers who carried out the attacks and says "Those who don't agree with killing, then let them step out of the way. I would say to them, those who are afraid of climbing mountains will live in pits and holes."

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Those who don't agree with killing, then let them step out of the way.

- Seems to be the consensus around here as well.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
I sure wish Willy would have taken care of this when he had the chance; depriving this man of aspirin sure didn't do it.

If it wasn't Osama, it would have been somebody else, that's what is so difficult about fighting an idea rather than say a nation.

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
I sure wish Willy would have taken care of this when he had the chance; depriving this man of aspirin sure didn't do it.

If it wasn't Osama, it would have been somebody else, that's what is so difficult about fighting an idea rather than say a nation.

so that makes it okay slick willy didnt take care of it, but bush should be hanged for the same thing(supposedly)

typical liberal hypocrasy.

here is a quote by ole' slick willy "one of these days someone will have to take care of saddam"

that's our willy! let someone else worry about it....preferable a republican so the dems cancapitalize on it...

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Being a coward and all, I don't think cutting off a finger nail solves much. They, like the terrorists, grow. A more fundamental change in the way folks deal with folks is in order. Or eliminate every last one. Both seem impossible. So we live (or the alternative) with it and get on about living our lives while being a bit more vigilant..

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Those who don't agree with killing, then let them step out of the way.

- Seems to be the consensus around here as well.

LoL now that's funny! :D

kaizersose

Golden Member
May 15, 2003
how sweet would it be if you were some pissed off special ops soldier patroling afghanistan and you stumble on osama. would you:
a. put a bullet in his head and end it
b. strap him to a wall and beat the jihad out of him
c. drop your gun and challenge him to a knife fight
d. spread peanut butter on his head and bury him neck deep.
e. make him listen to alanis morrisette

other suggestions appreciated, put your creative skills to work!

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
You guys really must stop digging into ancient history in order to alleviate the responsibility of the Bush Regime.

The Bush Regime has been in power for how long now...almost 3 years? They've been spending mucho $ on this "War on Terrorism" why haven't they come up with this SINGLE MAN in the World yet?!! Has Osama shown that the almighty United States cannot hunt down one individual?

Stop reverting back to ancient history and focus on the person that has been in office for a reasonable amount of time. Hindstight is ALWAYS 20/20...come back to reality now, kids, and accept responsibility.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Shad0hawK

so that makes it okay slick willy didnt take care of it, but bush should be hanged for the same thing(supposedly)

typical liberal hypocrasy.

here is a quote by ole' slick willy "one of these days someone will have to take care of saddam"

that's our willy! let someone else worry about it....preferable a republican so the dems cancapitalize on it...

Yes, Clinton knew that Osama was planning a massive attack unparalleled in the history of terrorism, and he should be brought to task for not knowing this and not doing more to get him. Why don't you line up with the people suing Boeing, the Airlines, and the Port Authority for being negligent as well.

Where did I say anything about Bush? I think the president has done all that he can reasonably do to deal with Al Qaeda. I have problems with some things he is doing to that effect, his methods, and other things he is doing that I feel have no benefit to US national security.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
You guys really must stop digging into ancient history in order to alleviate the responsibility of the Bush Regime.

The Bush Regime has been in power for how long now...almost 3 years? They've been spending mucho $ on this "War on Terrorism" why haven't they come up with this SINGLE MAN in the World yet?!! Has Osama shown that the almighty United States cannot hunt down one individual?

Stop reverting back to ancient history and focus on the person that has been in office for a reasonable amount of time. Hindstight is ALWAYS 20/20...come back to reality now, kids, and accept responsibility.

It's much harder to hunt down one man than a large group of people. I'm sure they are looking, but the Soviets couldn't find Osama, the Saudis couldn't find Osama, The US couldn't find Osama under Clinton. What makes you think it is going to be easy, and don't fixate on "one man"

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

Yeah, too bad Bush #1 didn't have the balls to take out Hussein. I mean he was right there, another push forward and we would have taken Baghdad. What a shame. What a colossal mistake in hindsight.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Bush didn't have the authority to take out Hussein.

In fact, we see now how difficult it is to "take out Hussein" -- the Bush #2 chimp can't even do it.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
Bush didn't have the authority to take out Hussein.
Which Bush? Poppa Bush or Bush-lite?

In fact, we see now how difficult it is to "take out Hussein" -- the Bush #2 chimp can't even do it.
Never mind. Neither one of them had the authority.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Uh-oh, Osama stole a little thunder from Bushlite's Patriot Day spectacular.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003

On the contrary... Bill Clinton had a war plan on terror.

The Clinton Plan for war on terror

This part is especially interesting...

The plans were finally approved a week before September 11, after a lengthy policy review ordered by President George W Bush, Time magazine reported yesterday.One senior official acknowledged that the proposals inherited from the Clinton administration amounted to "everything we've done since" September 11.

The plans included sending US special forces to Afghanistan on a "search and destroy" mission for bin Laden, and attempts by the CIA to recruit tribal leaders to attack the al-Qa'eda chief.

Under the Clinton era plan, military assistance was to be offered to the anti-Taliban Northern Alliance and terrorist camps would be struck from the air.

A final strategy paper was handed to Sandy Berger, Mr Clinton's national security adviser, on Dec 20, 2000, a month before Mr Bush was due to take office, but the plan was shelved for the new president to consider.

"We would be handing [the Bush administration] a war when they took office. That wasn't going to happen," a senior Clinton official said.

Of course, Bill could have gone after Bin Laden earlier. That was 4 years ago... BUT HEY GEORGE, HOW IS OSAMA HUNTING GOING? ;) ;) ;)

My point is why the hell are we talking about what Willy should have done when George had 3 years and still hasn't done it? Kind of pointless isnt it? Like the war in Iraq almost. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)