New Old Spice Commercial with the "I'm on a horse" Guy :)

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
That's awesome. I went in expecting a horse that tastes like raisins, and was not disappointed to find something else.

MJinZ

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2009
Non of the commercials made me even consider Old Spice, though I do look at Old Spice stuff and think of horses though.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So, you love these hugh?

Do you have something to tell us?

:D
I kid, I kid....

They are funny, but for whatever reason they kind of feel gayish...

I think they may seem kind of "gayish" because although guys seem to like the commercials, they also give him a somewhat **can't think of the correct term** aspect that appeals to women.

MJinZ

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2009
Wait a minute, are you all saying that Married Women make the buying decisions on the husband's deodorant, shampoos, etc?

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Non of the commercials made me even consider Old Spice, though I do look at Old Spice stuff and think of horses though.

I love the Old Spice commercials, and do use Old Spice deodorant... though they're not connected. I've used their stuff long before these awesome commercials.

mvbighead

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2009
the best thing about both of those commercials is that they were all shot with one take and no cgi or editing whatsoever.

Not entirely true. The diamonds/bottle rising through the guys hands was CGI... but on the rest, you're accurate.

MJinZ

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2009
I love the Old Spice commercials, and do use Old Spice deodorant... though they're not connected. I've used their stuff long before these awesome commercials.

Long time ago when I tested some, found them to smell like alcohol. D:

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
the best thing about both of those commercials is that they were all shot with one take and no cgi or editing whatsoever.

How does he go from shorts and no shoes to jeans and boots in the final part of the commercial?

MJinZ

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2009
Then I'm going to question your market research on an academic level.

:p

Mine is hearsay - where most samples involve "Woman, get a sammich".

I find it hard to believe that men's personal stuff like the types of clothes he wears, products he uses, etc is dictated by their wives.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

swan dive from waterfall into hot tub onto horse and now wearing pants can't be done without cgi.

the way i see it, anyway, any kind of digital image enhancement is cgi.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
I can't imagine the number of takes.... On the original, the sweater that drops over his head is a bit off, he even tries adjusts mid-take. Gotta live with the little things like that. Good commercial.