New Obama Rule - Don't quote his wife when she's on the campaign trail

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I don't get this thread. If McCain said he loves Jews and hates Nazis and Obama made an ad that left out the words 'Jews and hates' it would be a slime ball thing to do. Similarly, it would be the work of filth to imply, with a comment taken out of context or open to different interpretations, that the wrong interpretation for that context was the intention. There is nothing wrong with using what his wife says on the campaign trail so long as what she said was what was really intended and not distorted by assholes to make her look bad.

I hope Obama takes notes and gets revenge when he's President. The wages of turds is flushing.

new rules, you can only use her words if they reflect positively on Obama. :roll:
Yes, the new politics of revenge to all those who speak ill of Michelle.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: loki8481

Cindy is a China Doll McCain keeps around photo-ops and the occasional campaign loan while she snorts lines with the pool boy.

stay classy. :laugh:
I'd be laughing too if it wasn't true.

really? she's a coke head and cheating on her husband? :roll:

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I don't get this thread. If McCain said he loves Jews and hates Nazis and Obama made an ad that left out the words 'Jews and hates' it would be a slime ball thing to do. Similarly, it would be the work of filth to imply, with a comment taken out of context or open to different interpretations, that the wrong interpretation for that context was the intention. There is nothing wrong with using what his wife says on the campaign trail so long as what she said was what was really intended and not distorted by assholes to make her look bad.

I hope Obama takes notes and gets revenge when he's President. The wages of turds is flushing.

:thumbsup:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Cindy is a China Doll McCain keeps around photo-ops and the occasional campaign loan while she snorts lines with the pool boy.

stay classy. :laugh:
I'd be laughing too if it wasn't true.

really? she's a coke head and cheating on her husband? :roll:

I thought candidate's spouses were supposed to be fair game? Why are you so thin-skinned?

Anyway, Cindy does have a history of drug addiction, including stealing drugs from her own medical charity to feed her addiction.
And she has been active in her husband's campaign.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: The Cornballer
Originally posted by: Vic
Barack Hussein Obama aka Browser Helper Object aint winning the big ticket in Nov.
book it.

How much?

I have $20 that says he loses

Come back to me when you can man up to some real stakes.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
Barack Hussein Obama aka Browser Helper Object aint winning the big ticket in Nov.
book it.

How much?

are you a bookie now Vic?
;)
i just dont see it and the $20 still stands.

it aint happenin, he's like the kid whos gonna take his team all the way, but when he doesnt hes a bust, sponsors evaporate, letterman appearances etc.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

I thought candidate's spouses were supposed to be fair game? Why are you so thin-skinned?

there are differences between fair criticism, taking things out of context and twisting them to suit your needs, and just making shit up.

Anyway, Cindy does have a history of drug addiction, including stealing drugs from her own medical charity to feed her addiction.
And she has been active in her husband's campaign.

Obama is the only one in the race with a history of using cocaine, and it's about as relevant as Cindy McCain's pain killer addiction 20 years ago (which is to say, not at all).

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
i think team republican will jam the receivers at the line of scrimmage, possibly put the shift on, or double down low.
or maybe the dems will do some double switch tony larussa voodoo.
but as they say if i were a bettin man, im bettin he aint the next presidente.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
it aint happenin, he's like the the kid whos gonna take his team all the way, but when he doesnt hes a bust, sponsors evaporate, letterman appearances etc.
And you're basing this off... what? A hunch?

Sorry, but this board of late has been full of Obama bashing, and yet none of it seems to have any substance. Your post here is a mild example that ironically represents it in a big way.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
i think team republican will jam the receivers at the line of scrimmage, possibly put the shift on, or double down low.

As it appears you haven't been paying attention to national politics lately, I think you should know that the GOP just lost a special election in the "reddest" Congressional district in Mississippi. And that after the party dumped $3 million of its cash on hand in the election Text

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
it aint happenin, he's like the the kid whos gonna take his team all the way, but when he doesnt hes a bust, sponsors evaporate, letterman appearances etc.

Sorry, but this board of late has been full of Obama bashing, and yet none of it seems to have any substance. Your post here is a mild example that ironically represents it in a big way.

What do you want from somebody who has sex with cobs.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
book it.

How much?

Corny's half-hearted bet tells you how much he actually believes what he posts.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000

1.i think this country is more racist/prejudice than people would like to admit.
2. he's Liberal or percieved as such.
3. Significant support for Hillary very late in the game, if he's the Dems all star then why are the Dems so split? That trepidation doesnt translate well in the big game.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: senseamp
There are going to be a lot of things we aren't allowed to talk about wrt Obama.

Sure you can. Just let me know when you come up with something more intelligent (and less Orwellian) than repeating "empty suit," "demagogue," and "ideologue" over and over again.

It's kind of like how the OP is calling Obama "thin-skinned" for speaking out against attacks on his wife. Next thing you know, you guys will be attacking Obama for being a white female.

Michelle Obama is fair game, as is Barack's lack of substance.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000

As it appears you haven't been paying attention to national politics lately, I think you should know that the GOP just lost a special election in the "reddest" Congressional district in Mississippi. And that after the party dumped $3 million of its cash on hand in the election Text

i dont post much in this forum because i dont care for the in betweenery,polls and bullshit.
nothing you or i will say will change the outcome, so are you good for $20 or what?

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
book it.

How much?

Corny's half-hearted bet tells you how much he actually believes what he posts.

its an honest bet.
$20 bucks

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Originally posted by: daveymark
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: Queasy

Toughen up Senator Obama. You're one of the most thin-skinned candidates I've ever seen.

Like McCain and his sensitivity to his age?

right, he was so sensitive to his age, he declined to appear in an SNL skit on saturday in which basically all he did was make fun of his age

oh wait

Text

lmao at your defensiveness.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
There are going to be a lot of things we aren't allowed to talk about wrt Obama.

Sure you can. Just let me know when you come up with something more intelligent (and less Orwellian) than repeating "empty suit," "demagogue," and "ideologue" over and over again.

It's kind of like how the OP is calling Obama "thin-skinned" for speaking out against attacks on his wife. Next thing you know, you guys will be attacking Obama for being a white female.

Michelle Obama is fair game, as is Barack's lack of substance.

You fail to understand that in order to know if somebody has substance you have to have some yourself.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..not to worry. his fire wall of willing accomplices in the media will keep him well filtered and protected.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: eskimospy

its an honest bet.
$20 bucks

I'll take that bet.

I'll give him 2-to-1, but he'll have to keep track of it, as I probably won't even bother to collect.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: IGBT
..not to worry. his fire wall of willing accomplices in the media will keep him well filtered and protected.

Do you mean the willing accomplices in the MSM who kept Wright front and center for months? Try again. :roll:

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
i will be here to gloat and collect on election day.
i'll let myself out of the ratcage for now.
til then dont stop believin!;)
get some thundersticks too.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Evan Lieb
Originally posted by: daveymark
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: Queasy

Toughen up Senator Obama. You're one of the most thin-skinned candidates I've ever seen.

Like McCain and his sensitivity to his age?

right, he was so sensitive to his age, he declined to appear in an SNL skit on saturday in which basically all he did was make fun of his age

oh wait

Text

lmao at your defensiveness.

wow, you sure do overanalyze :)

if you call that simple correction of error "defensiveness", than by your failed logic obama must be the whiniest baby you ever saw

your hero

try harder, kid :laugh: