New Nvidia Drivers promise increased performance

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Born2bwire
Will this trickle down into laptop drivers? I finally got a laptop this summer and I am not familiar with how Nvidia does the drivers for the mobile graphics systems but it seems to be separate from the regular desktop driver suite.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/
:)
Same drivers, but you can get the modded .INF file so it will actually install on your laptop. They've got forums and such if you run into any questions.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Originally posted by: Born2bwire
Will this trickle down into laptop drivers? I finally got a laptop this summer and I am not familiar with how Nvidia does the drivers for the mobile graphics systems but it seems to be separate from the regular desktop driver suite.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/
:)
Same drivers, but you can get the modded .INF file so it will actually install on your laptop. They've got forums and such if you run into any questions.

Yay! Just what I was hoping for. I would like to get a few frames in Bioshock.

lightzout

Nov 1, 2004
I started getting this strange full screen graphic error when I died in BF2142. Only noticed it in one game since latest drivers so its hard to say whether its a hardware or software issue. I blew out the gpu (8800gts 640) and monitored temps so heat isnt an issue. Checking cables too. Just throwing it out there in case someone else has similar problem.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Driver gave me a bsod at windows boot. Had to revert. Definitely something new in this driver.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
These drivers are amazing! I now get 1087 fps at 1280x1024 in GLQuake and 787 in Quake2! Now I can finally use 2x AA and 4x AF!:)