New Newegg ad...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

5ayle

Sep 28, 2003
What in the h3ll is wrong with you??? How is that nasty? You're the kind of person that watch ppl aren't you? Get you mind out of the gutter>>>.

:beer: :D

PolarNorth

Oct 30, 2004
I like how it says.. "when you know EXACTLY what you want" buy it from us. Meaning go ahead and waste their sale's people's time, but don't even THINK about wasting ours.

Here is an idea, how about lets all call them tomorrow, and ask them for directions for the nearest showroom, or ask them for a listing of there 70,000 showrooms.

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
i dont' really see anything wrong with it.. they're telling you what the showrooms are all about.. you get to go there.. talk to salespeople.. press buttons, play with their products.. then go online to pay for it and have it shipped to you.. they have sooooo much stuff, they can't even put it all into one building (four walls) and so they can only have these show rooms and sell online.. that's what i got out of it

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
ah well, like I said. and no, I can't say I do the whole abusing-a-B&M thing. I can't say the last time I bought something at BB or CC other than maybe a PMed hard drive or the usual couple of DVDs every week.

I guess my annoyance stems from having worked commission-based sales. People think they can treat us the same way and wonder why we make fun of them and have them leave the store.

ah well.
BB is not comission based. Neither is CC or CompUSA.

ZV

CC and BB are not commision based, but CompUSA is. $800 bucks every 2 weeks (25 hrs a week) isn't bad while going through college. I truely am a knowledgeable salesman lol. I get good laughs out of my coworkers who say stupid sh!t to customers though.

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: PolarNorth
I like how it says.. "when you know EXACTLY what you want" buy it from us. Meaning go ahead and waste their sale's people's time, but don't even THINK about wasting ours.

Here is an idea, how about lets all call them tomorrow, and ask them for directions for the nearest showroom, or ask them for a listing of there 70,000 showrooms.

When they say show rooms they are reffering to BB, CC, CUSA show rooms.

pray4mojo

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2003
I thought it was humorous at first. Then I thought that it was slightly exploitative. Then I realized that I was over thinking and over analyzing.