New Mustang GT commercial is awesome (no i don't have it).

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Had to watch American Idol. They have an ad for the new gT and it's the engine reving at different pitches to make the american national anthem. In the background is a screen with a bunch of videos/pics of mustangs over the ages. I have to say it's one of the better ads I've ever seen and I think they're gonna sell some cars with it. Very clever to play an entire song with the engine, and the engine does sound nice :thumbsup:

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Had to watch American Idol. They have an ad for the new gT and it's the engine reving at different pitches to make the american national anthem. In the background is a screen with a bunch of videos/pics of mustangs over the ages. I have to say it's one of the better ads I've ever seen and I think they're gonna sell some cars with it. Very clever to play an entire song with the engine, and the engine does sound nice :thumbsup:

A guy in the suite next to my office has one and I can confirm that it does indeed sound sweet. I'm going to test drive one within the next couple weeks just for kicks. I've floated out a few inquiries and had a couple replies from various dealers near me. They all want a $4k markup on the GTs though. Probably more for the convertible.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Don't let any dealership try to get more than MSRP out of you.

Buddy here bought one last year & had a dealership pull the same thing.

He laughed in their face & bought from another dealer at MSRP. It's a Mustang, not a GT. There will be hundreds of thousands more just like any they have.

BTW the engine thing isn't that new, there was a clip floating around the net of a computer controlled engine (F1 I believe) playing music. The level of control (and the speed at which it could change RPM's) was quite impressive.

[EDIT]Here you go:

http://www.fearme.com/img/cars_misc/Chauffe2.mp3[/EDIT]

Viper GTS

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Viper GTS

He laughed in their face & bought from another dealer at MSRP. It's a Mustang, not a GT. There will be hundreds of thousands more just like any they have.

BTW the engine thing isn't that new, there was a clip floating around the net of a computer controlled engine (F1 I believe) playing music. The level of control (and the speed at which it could change RPM's) was quite impressive.

[EDIT]Here you go:

Viper GTS
lol :D

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

[EDIT]Here you go:

Viper GTS

Oh trust me, I'm not that stupid. Anyone who pays a dealer markup is a fool. They tried to give me some BS line about Ford not making the GT coupe anymore because they were chopping the tops off the GTs to make convertibles. Fvcking idiots. I just shake my head and laugh. Like I'm dumb enough to believe that sh!t.

MasterAndCommander

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2004
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus

[EDIT]Here you go:

Viper GTS

Oh trust me, I'm not that stupid. Anyone who pays a dealer markup is a fool. They tried to give me some BS line about Ford not making the GT coupe anymore because they were chopping the tops off the GTs to make convertibles. Fvcking idiots. I just shake my head and laugh. Like I'm dumb enough to believe that sh!t.

That's gonna be mere pocket change from what I've been hearing on the mark-ups for the 2007 Shelby GT500 Mustang...some guy already got a quote from the dealer for $25,000 above MSRP!?! Un-freakin real!..that's enough to steer me away from ever trying to get a special edition one. I was lucky a friend that works for Ford hooked me up and didn't have to put up with such dealer shenanigans. :D

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
It must suck for somebody who pays $4k over msrp and then once the dealers are sufficiently inundated with new ones that person finds that their car has depreciated like a yugo.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Ah... I'd seen that before, but hadn't realized it was supposed to be playing a song. Now that you mention it I can hear it.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Originally posted by: MasterAndCommander
Originally posted by: supafly
Do you mean the Anthem commercial?

I like the Steve McQueen one the best. :thumbsup:

AWESOME!

I want one of these now :D

Nice!!! But $56k? Too much! I wouldn't mind getting the Saleen supercharger though, but it would void the warrany :(

Are you sure? I thought Saleen had a warranty on their work? And having it wouldn't void the factory warranty unless it directly caused a problem.

Horus

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2003
Originally posted by: jumpr
I like the Steve McQueen one the best. :thumbsup:
Yup, the one with the cornfield racetrack. :thumbsup:

"If you build it, he will come..."...then Steve McQueen appears out of nowhere...I saw that at the theatres, and I literally said OMGWTFBULLIT

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
It must suck for somebody who pays $4k over msrp and then once the dealers are sufficiently inundated with new ones that person finds that their car has depreciated like a yugo.

Totally...but if those same people can't wait a year for demand to fall back to earth, then they deserve what they get

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
i must be an idiot... i saw that commercial but for some reason didnt realize it was the anthem... im like 'WTF is this crap?!?" :)

franksta

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
the one > anthem

?

Ford GT = The One

Superbowl commercial of a GT blasting around a track with only a voice over and the car for sounds. Essentially he says, "When do you know that it's the one?" or something to that effect.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: aphex
i must be an idiot... i saw that commercial but for some reason didnt realize it was the anthem... im like 'WTF is this crap?!?" :)

I heard they were working on this thing (Engine sound ad) back when they produced the Steve McQueen ad.

It didn't quite come out the way I thought it was going to. They added a bunch of other junk in to flash it up. It would've been more appropriate if they didn't throw in all the rest, maybe they were trying not to be overly patriotic and politically correct.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Originally posted by: franksta
the one > anthem

?

Ford GT = The One

Superbowl commercial of a GT blasting around a track with only a voice over and the car for sounds. Essentially he says, "When do you know that it's the one?" or something to that effect.
Link?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: franksta
the one > anthem

?

Ford GT = The One

i was talking about a bad jet li movie....