Question New Motherboards Cant Detect Hard Drive Please Guide

loveuser

Nov 18, 2020
Hi
My Friend , Bought new CPU AND Motherboard and Ram
Cpu: intel 10400
Motherboard: Gigabyte b460m ds3h

And He try to install their Pervious Hard drive ( that had windows 8 ) on This computer , But when computer start , automatically go To Easy Mode Setup
and even he check motherboard boot option but there is no any hard drive

So he add new hard drive ( had windows 10 ) and this time problem fixed and go to windows
So why Not detect Pervious hard drive ?

And he add Pervious and new hard drive together and this time windows boot on new hard drive and when go to windows then detect Pervious hard drive like drive G or D
But not detect like primary windows , would you please guide me what to do ?
Thank you

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
I do not have the Gigabyte Easy Mode in front of me. I assume the previous Window 8 system drive is GPT partitioned and Windows 8 was installed with (U)EFI and Secure Boot enabled. The Easy Mode BIOS may detect that the Windows Boot manager is from a different computer and is providing the user with the option to select how to proceed, or to just confirm that is the boot device you want to use.

Have only the previous (Win8) drive attached, no other bootable devices such as USB or CD/DVD, will simplify things so that the system is not arbitrating between two different boot devices or drives. If you see "Windows Boot Manager" as an option to boot from, try selecting that in the boot menu and then proceeding "Save and Exit", or "OK", whichever is offered.

If you have tried using the existing Windows Boot Manager without success, then you may need to select the drive model in the boot sequence rather than Windows Boot Manager.

Reactions: loveuser

loveuser

Nov 18, 2020
Thank you
for example , he want their new computer boot from windows 8 and he removed new hard drive ( windows 10 )
But still not boot from this computer
and even when he check boot option on motherboard there is no any name of this hard drive
So in this situation is there anyway or trick for fix this problem ?
Sorry i am newbie so we don't know much , if there is anyway then can you please guide easy ?
Thanks

Mantrid-Drone

Mar 15, 2014
What Windows versions does the MB say it supports because my experience suggests that this matters more than anything else?

Answered my own question by just a bit of research: the manual says (p.8) it only supports Windows 10 64bit..

You can, apparently losslessly convert MBR to GPT using an easily found tool but if the MB does not support Windows 8 that will probably not help.

Reactions: dlerious

Mantrid-Drone

Mar 15, 2014
I should have read through the manual further for that CSM ^ info.

That YT might be confusing the OP - on his MB the CSM (on/off) setting is under the "Boot" tab. So just to be sure he's on the same page:
-

screenshot.1.png

That is a copy direct from the PDF manual for the stated MB.