Question New M.2 SSD, initialized, assigned drive letter but "No volumes found"

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Had problems with my Adata 512GB M.2 SSD, did RMA and just received replacement:

New M.2 ss80 PCIe Gen3x4 SSD SX6000 Lite, 512GB. Installed it in this Lenovo P1 lappy, turned on the machine and for a few minutes it said it was repairing (C:), which is weird. Finally got Win10 running, went into Disk Management and it had me initialize it as Disk 0, while the boot drive (1TB) is Disk 1. I assigned drive letter D, gave it a name. Created a couple folders and copied over a data file. Fine. I start up Samsung Magician (my boot drive is Samsung M.2), and launched the Benchmark feature. For the new Adata M.2 SSD it says No volume found. It won't benchmark the drive, won't evaluate its health. It sees its S/N. What is happening here?

When I was using the other Adata 512GB SSD, same machine, with 1TB Samsung SSD as boot drive, Samsung Magician was able to benchmark the Adata drive.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Rebooting the machine seems to have resolved the issue. I'm running that benchmark function on both drives now.... I'm sure the Adata is way slower than the Samsung.

Edit: Actually not at all. Reads a bit slower, writes a bit faster! :oops: The drive it replaced was way slower!