New Life For My Civic!!! Body Kits

TazX2k

Banned
May 24, 2002
im thinking of putting a body kit on my 98 civic to give it some new life for the winter racing. what do you guys think? been looking arround and i found a few sites the cheapest being www.vckits.com and www.carpartsline.com. they seem to be to expensive if you buy em at the shop.

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
They look pretty cool I suppose, how much is it? Though Some people don't particularly like racers all that much ;)

joeryu

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
and what function will these body kits serve than to make you $500 poorer?

fataIerror

Mar 10, 2001
Don't confuse racers with ricers. I don't know many people here who don't like racing, but ricing is a whole new ballgame.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Since you mentioned racing, I would suggest spending your money on stuff to actually make your car faster instead of faster looking. Unless your Civic is not even close to stock, a bodykit isn't really going to help very much. JMHO of course, but I'd spend the money on something to make my car faster/handle better.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
honestly... i'd suggest you not buy those. you get what you pay for... and if you're trying to save money while fixing your car... you're going to be losing money in the long run because of the quality of those things... and please don't tell me after you buy a kit you'll leave it unpainted like most of those riceboys today. you wouldn't want to be classified as a riceboy. if you're going to be racing i suggest you put your money there instead... like what the previous posts said. it would look a lot better if a stock looking civic beats a fast looking civic with a stock engine. :confused:

cchen

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Body kit will only make your car slower

Why not spend that money on some engine upgrades?

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Pooteh
maybe he's tired of his cars look:p its just a minor remodeling:p

I guess thats up to him... but i know people who make their car look fast for the girls but don't touch their engine... so when someone runs them while their girlfriend is in the car... HAHAHAHAHAHA...

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
to each his own. If he wants to blow the money on a body kit, let him. Personally, i'd drop the money into making that car beat the next civic with the body kit.

-=bmacd=-

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Don't listen to them. Blow your wad on the bodykit. I'll just tack you onto my list for future bitch-slapping for being a complete goober.

Pooteh

Aug 12, 2002
a worthwhile project hmm...money better spent on a pair of implants for your sig other? ;)