New LG cellphone prevents "drunk dialing"

spaceghost21

May 22, 2004
I read about something similar to this. A device used an infrared light to detect alcohol in the blood. I guess when you have alcohol in your blood, less light is reflected back into the sensor. Crazy I know. Anyway, there are plans to implement in a cell phone, but, more importantly, future cars.

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
hahaha, that's funny

It could come in handy, I've accidently drunk dialed the wrong person before. Luckly it was a friend.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Howard
Not a very useful feature, IMO.

It's probably very useful in Korea (highest alcohol consumption rate in the world).

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: ornament

It's probably very useful in Korea (highest alcohol consumption rate in the world).

really? wow, i wouldnt expect it. any particular reason why?

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001

Ever been drunk with a phone lol? Same thing with coke. You can go through your entire phonebook calling EVERYONE lol. Not good.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by: thescreensavers
they need them in cars not phones wtf

They have something like it for cars. People who frequently get DUI's have to get them installed.

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: UglyCasanova
Originally posted by: thescreensavers
they need them in cars not phones wtf

They have something like it for cars. People who frequently get DUI's have to get them installed.

Yeah, it's hooked up to the ignition of the car. It was in 40 Year Old Virgin, I believe.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: UglyCasanova

Ever been drunk with a phone lol? Same thing with coke. You can go through your entire phonebook calling EVERYONE lol. Not good.
It's still not safe.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
kind of stupid. of they could make the cell phone so that you can't talk while driving unless it's in a hands free mount, then ok. but say i get drunk, i can't call my friend to pick me up or something. really stupid imo.