New Laptop - Windows 11 Drivers - Asus K3502ZA - Need Help!

mikenicoll87

Mar 19, 2023
Hello All,

I really need some help as I have tried everything at this point. I have purchased, built, and reconfigured many laptops, but something is wrong that I am missing. The laptop information is here:

https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-ho...2Name=Vivobook-S-15-OLED-K3502-12th-Gen-Intel

After getting the Laptop, I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 11. I am now at the home screen of Windows 11 and trying to install drivers. Right now, absolutely no driver is working. Internet, TouchPad, Bluetooth... Nothing

During Windows 11 installation, it also wasn't able to read my hard drives. I disabled VMD, and after rebooting, it was able to detect my drives. I am downloading drivers here and putting them on a USB stick. I have a 3rd party mouse plugged into the laptop and that is working.

Never had this issue before. Usually, just install all the drivers and you are good to go.

Does anyone have any ideas?????

Last edited:

QuietDad

Dec 18, 2005
The page you linked has all the drivers right there. After selecting windiws 11 as the OS, it brings you to the drivers page where you can download everything you need

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
It appears Windows 11 install media doesn't have drivers for the Intel Storage Controller in VMD mode, you need to supply them during Windows Setup:

6.3 Pre-Installation of INTEL(R) RST driver using the "Load Driver" Method.

a. Extract driver files from SetupRST.exe:
- Open terminal in the directory with SetupRST.exe by right-clicking the directory
and selecting "Open in Terminal" or "Open PowerShell here"
- Enter the following command:
./SetupRST.exe -extractdrivers SetupRST_extracted

b. Copy all driver files from the SetupRST-extracted to a USB key media.

c. For Microsoft Windows OS*:
- During the operating system installation, after selecting the location to install
Windows, click 'Load Driver' to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver.

d. When prompted, insert the USB media and press Enter.

e. Follow the prompts and browse to the location of the installation files. Select the
appropriate ‘.inf’ file (64 or 32 bit). If a supported controller is detected there
will be no error message. Follow prompts to continue and complete the installation.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
People should not format/reinstall windows on new systems. ALWAYS load the system up and copy the drivers OFF the system before formatting it. I have recently been replacing all my companies PCs with cheap Beelink NUCs and they are all windows 11 pro. To test, I wiped one out and tried to install windows 10 and then windows 11 from scratch and it was a driver nightmare. Then I copied the drivers from another one and used that and it worked like a charm. I like Beelink because there is no bloatware so i dont even have to start from scratch.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
To test, I wiped one out and tried to install windows 10 and then windows 11 from scratch and it was a driver nightmare. Then I copied the drivers from another one and used that and it worked like a charm. I like Beelink because there is no bloatware so i dont even have to start from scratch.
Any particular method that you use to copy the drivers from the preinstalled OEM system disk?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Any particular method that you use to copy the drivers from the preinstalled OEM system disk?
I copy the \Windows\DriverStore directory onto a USB stick, and then copy that directory onto the Windows Install USB, for the installer to pull from.

Reactions: tcsenter