New laptop or tablet

daraksharnah

Aug 3, 2012
I guess the title should be "new laptop"...

Is there such a thing as a 2-in-1 with dedicated graphics?

If not, what would you all recommend?

My budget is $1000 on the very high end.

What I need from it is something I can use for work as well as my own business needs (no specific software at this time). But, would like to play the occasional game. It doesn't have to be the most powerful thing out there, I've got a decent desktop for my hardcore gaming needs.

I've had my eye on something like the Asus Taichi. I love it's dual touch pads. Concern: It's Ivybridge (?), and I'm thinking I should aim for a Haswell line.

I'm also looking at stuff like the Lenovo Yoga, or something similar. Requirements and concerns with these types are: it needs to fully flip back, not stop at 300 degrees like a couple I've seen. Also, when they are in tablet mode, do keyboards deactivate? I can't have accidental button presses while working on it.

Should I worry about a dedicated graphics? Or are the Intel HD Graphics good enough?

In the end it doesn't have to be a 2-in-1 type, that'd just make it easier at work.

It also can't be a detachable, those don't appeal to me at all. :/

Sorry, I'm tired so I hope what I typed makes any sense at all. Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited: