nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
How would he have time to wrap up the whole Mid-East peace thing if he's also chief of staff? This is assuming he's already got the opioid thing wrapped up by next week, which should be a given considering his giant brain.

Reactions: jman19

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Did he ever get his security clearance back?

No, and he is probably ineligible for SCI clearance because he was caught misrepresenting a whole bunch of information on his disclosure forms, and so failed his Single Scope Background Investigation.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
At least Jared would finally get the security clearance Kelly denied him. May as well add to the ever-growing shitstorm. Trump has more hooks in him than a long line trawler.

Those runs to McD's for Big Macs and Happy Meals must be a irresistible job description.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I wonder if the gig comes with any side benefits... Such as expanded executive privilege when asked certain questions?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Getting the expanded security clearance would really help up the murder count on the Kushner/MBS fun war in Yemen that they have been planning and orchestrating for the last 3 years now.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
So Jared's going to be doing the firing now? He doesn't sound menacing enough for the job.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The way Trump lords over his domain, it seems to me Trump views the Chief of Staff job as an inside fixer akin to what Cohen was doing for him on the outside. The job was never ever to keep the staff in line of which in a very problematic kind of way included Jared and Ivanka.

As a result of the aforementioned, Kelly's major problem was that he was positioned between Trump and his kids. Whenever the kids ran into a problem with Kelly the spoiled brats played the daddy card and kicked Kelly to the curb as they drove on by him with that smug look on their faces.

Trump's style is the antithesis of what a Chief of Staff's job entails. That right there speaks to Trump ignoring protocol and decorum, creating rivalries among his staff and willfully defying and interfering with Kelly's day to day operations.

The job requires insight, forethought, political savvy and people skills. These are qualities that Trump will never ever have and they are qualities that with Trump being Trump, will only create irritating obstacles for him because his decision making processes is based on the lowest form of "constructive" thought: that of being irrationally impulsive and thoughtlessly compulsive.

Creating chaos as Trump does gives him cover for his daily fvck-up's, for his total lack of organizational skills and the skill for providing for his staff the leadership, direction and motivation they need to function as a team. It's why Trump can only use punishment as a motivator and not encouragement.

It's simply not in him to want to create a culture of excellence and forward thinking in his staff because in this scenario, he will be left behind. He will be made to look deficient and intellectually incompetent. Can't have that, now can we?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Christie just issued a statement turning the job down. I assume Jared is happy.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Reports are that Trump is surprised that Christie withdrew.

After he obliterated his dignity joining the campaign, was fired form the presidential transition team, and passed over for AG. Clearly no consequences of Trump treating everybody so very poorly on a consistent basis.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I've got a idea...Draft a list of 12 MAGAbots, and have then compete in a series of coverups. Each week one candidate is eliminated, until the final one gets to be chief of staff. And you could market the television rights of the whole thing to help pay the legal expenses of Trump's cronies.

Week 1: Find a way to blame the misappropriation of inaugural funds on the Democrats.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You're such a nice guy. He's in it up to his chin and by choice. I have a hard time feeling bad for him

The best part was when Jared's pals in KSA & UAE strong armed the Qataris into bailing him out of 666 5th avenue. Beat the cash right out of them. I'm sure he feels no obligation to them for doing that, of course. Couldn't be.

Triloby

Mar 18, 2016
Chris Christie is a crook, but he's apparently smart enough to realize what a stupid fucking idea it would be to become Trump's Chief of Staff. This is the same guy who put Kushner's dad into prison.

This entire article explains what happened during the Trump transition. It speaks volumes as to the kind of person Trump is: https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...ide-story-of-trumps-shambolic-transition-team

The first time Trump paid attention to any of this was when he read about it in the newspaper. The story revealed that Trump’s very own transition team had raised several million dollars to pay the staff. The moment he saw it, Trump called Steve Bannon, the chief executive of his campaign, from his office on the 26th floor of Trump Tower, and told him to come immediately to his residence, many floors above. Bannon stepped off the elevator to find Christie seated on a sofa, being hollered at. Trump was apoplectic, yelling: You’re stealing my money! You’re stealing my fucking money! What the fuck is this?

Seeing Bannon, Trump turned on him and screamed: Why are you letting him steal my fucking money? Bannon and Christie together set out to explain to Trump federal law. Months before the election, the law said, the nominees of the two major parties were expected to prepare to take control of the government. The government supplied them with office space in downtown DC, along with computers and rubbish bins and so on, but the campaigns paid their people. To which Trump replied: Fuck the law. I don’t give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money. Bannon and Christie tried to explain that Trump couldn’t have both his money and a transition.

Shut it down, said Trump. Shut down the transition.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If Trump ever finishes out his term, the only folks left in the West Wing will be the Trumps and those ass-sucking leeches that played the Trumps juuuuuuusssst right because anybody in their right minds would never work for those sumbitch assholes.

Jeepers creepers thinking about that family makes my skin crawl.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Chris Christie is a crook, but he's apparently smart enough to realize what a stupid fucking idea it would be to become Trump's Chief of Staff. This is the same guy who put Kushner's dad into prison.

This entire article explains what happened during the Trump transition. It speaks volumes as to the kind of person Trump is: https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...ide-story-of-trumps-shambolic-transition-team

"I don't care about the fucking law! I just want my money!" Unsurprising words from Orange Julius.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
If Trump ever finishes out his term, the only folks left in the West Wing will be the Trumps and those ass-sucking leeches that played the Trumps juuuuuuusssst right because anybody in their right minds would never work for those sumbitch assholes.

Jeepers creepers thinking about that family makes my skin crawl.

drain the swamp, burn it down. mission accomplished.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Do you suppose the elastic in the emperor's underpants is starting to losing its spring?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I think we have ample evidence that some pretty low-quality individuals work in the White House today, but almost everyone must realize that in the year that is to come, Trump is going to require his Chief Of Staff to lie for him and conceal evidence of his crimes, and that is probably mean you'll be breaking the law as well. Best to stay away from all that.

It was always going to end with immediate Trump family being the only ones left standing. Ivanka or Jared will be the Chief Of Staff for at least some period of time before Trump's time is up. The real question is would Donald sacrifice himself to keep even his prized daughter out of jail, or is he even willing to let them drown if it means he doesn't get wet?