New Knight Rider Revealed

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
They used a womans voice this time because the original voice of Kit now does voice work for GM ads. GM didn't like the idea of him 'voicing' for a ford :)

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
And the airplane drop off made me think of the shitastic Team Knight Rider. I literally laughed out loud and wretched at the same time.

Wow, you must really be into the TV you watch if a remake of a cheesy show from the 80's gives you that much of a physical reaction...

:roll: :p

Hey, I grew up with the original Knight Rider. I tried to watch Team Knight Rider when it came out in the late 90's or whenever, but it sucked so bad. I just couldn't believe that they would use a idea from a failed show. An idea that many thought was pure crap.

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Modelworks
They used a womans voice this time because the original voice of Kit now does voice work for GM ads. GM didn't like the idea of him 'voicing' for a ford :)
Val Kilmer is doing the voice of KITT this time. They had Will Arnett picked but dropped him because of the ties to GM. He was not the original voice.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001

Man, are you misinformed!

You thougth Val Kilmer sounded like a woman?

The original voice was William Daniels (Mr. Pheeney from Boy meets world). The person who didnt get the part for the new KITT was Will Arnett because of GM contract.

Quiksilver

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2005
Needed less suck and more drunk hoff eating cheeseburger about all I can say(turned it off after the snoozefest first 30 minutes)

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
There was some unneeded skin and lesbian references, but it wasn't too bad over all.

WTF did you write there...? My browser only shows blurry text...

That part where the black FBI agent is shown with the naked blonde that she "just picked up" had nothing to do with the story, and it was a bit uncomfortable when watching with my 7 year old. The two girls in the bed- likewise.

Racism is supposed to be dead :|

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: techs
There was some unneeded skin and lesbian references, but it wasn't too bad over all.

That part where the black FBI agent is shown with the naked blonde that she "just picked up" had nothing to do with the story, and it was a bit uncomfortable when watching with my 7 year old. The two girls in the bed- likewise.

Technically half black.

Really? Top or bottom half?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Wow, that completely stunk. The entire production, writing, acting, directing, was just suck.

Yeah yeah, I know that the original was no cinematic masterpiece, but its production quality was at least typical of the time, at least it had a kind of western the lone hero and his trusty steed quality that made it endearing and believable. This was just crap. More Ford commercial than TV show.

And didn't it have a TV-14 LSV rating?

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002

Thats Val Kilmers bike, why don't you tell him he sounds like a woman, he'd probably tear you in half.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Throckmorton

Racism is supposed to be dead :|

Uncomfortable watching, with a 7-year old, the aftermath of lesbian one-night stand = racism? :confused:

CU

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2000
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: jlfirehawk
New Knight Rider

I always liked the Trans AM better.

You mean the fake TV prop or the real early 80s Trans Am? Those old T/A's were not fast, hell, a modern Civic Si could probably beat a stock 1982 Firebird...it certainly could on curvy roads. And the chassis was pretty weak too, full of rattles and about as stiff as a wet noodle. In comparison, the new Mustang GT is a much much much better car.

Still, this series is doomed to fail. I bet it doesn't even last an entire season.

The old T/A's were fast for their time. Of course a modern car can give it run for its money. I bet in 20 more years an normal car will be able to hang with a 08 Mustang GT.

I also believe they should have stuck with GM. Either a new camaro like in Transformers or a vette. My guess is Ford was willing to put out more money than GM after they just helped out Transformers, and I assume helping with Transformers 2.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: CU
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: jlfirehawk
New Knight Rider

I always liked the Trans AM better.

You mean the fake TV prop or the real early 80s Trans Am? Those old T/A's were not fast, hell, a modern Civic Si could probably beat a stock 1982 Firebird...it certainly could on curvy roads. And the chassis was pretty weak too, full of rattles and about as stiff as a wet noodle. In comparison, the new Mustang GT is a much much much better car.

Still, this series is doomed to fail. I bet it doesn't even last an entire season.

The old T/A's were fast for their time. Of course a modern car can give it run for its money. I bet in 20 more years an normal car will be able to hang with a 08 Mustang GT.

I also believe they should have stuck with GM. Either a new camaro like in Transformers or a vette. My guess is Ford was willing to put out more money than GM after they just helped out Transformers, and I assume helping with Transformers 2.

The reasoning behind their decision is they needed a production car that was not too expensive. Camaros are not being made, so they would have no supply (they had to baby the 2 they used in the Transformers movie because they were the only ones in existance). The Vette would have cost $50000+ a pop---twice the production cost. The Ford product made sense.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
So i just started watching (DVR and no commercials FTW), and in the first couple minutes we've got a guy banging 2 chicks and a nice lesbian wakeup. Judging by the couple of comments just before this, the show goes down from there :)

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
What kind of bothered me about the show is how KITT was too fancy and the old KITT was interesting in a way. I mean, you pushed buttons and shit went down. The biggest example is pursuit mode. KITT just becomes ricier with a double spoiler and blocks his front grill. The old pursuit mode had like after burner and shit on it... stuff that could conceivably make you go faster. Blocking your intake is not good for your car and a double spoiler is most likely doing nothing for it.

The acting from the Black River people was utterly atrocious in the beginning! They acted like they were bargain bin actors or bums they pulled off the street looking for a quick buck.

About the C-130, I didn't mind an airplane as I think it allows for more exotic locales, but the issue is that the C-130 looked completely bare inside. The old semi was chock-full of crap that looked all fancy like this was the place to be. The plane looks bare as hell. Also, the mechanic friend couldn't even build a race car correctly yet he's working on something as hi-tech as KITT? :confused:

EDIT:

I also kind of miss the old 80's style intro theme where they had an announcer... "A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist."

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I thought the acting was horrible and felt like a commercial. The Bionic Women as a remake had much better acting. It almost felt like they had the same acting style as Chuck, but are trying to fit it into a serious mood.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I think they need some spinners on it to really make the donuts in the dirt lot look cool.

holy crap, that was a nice wreck at the end.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Will you see "the Hoff" again, of course you will in....

Oh god stop, it hurts.