New Knight Rider Revealed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Dacalo
Originally posted by: Homerboy
You didn't even touch on the super-ghey part:

"
There will actually be three versions of KITT in the show: a 540-hpstandard version of the character named KITT Hero, a super high-speedversion that's heavily modified for combat called KITT Attack (click here to view his body changes), and a driverless version called KITT Remote. According to NBC, KITT in the modern era is a supercomputer capable of hacking anything that plugs into a wall, and thanks to progress made in the area of nanotechnology, its body can shift both its shape and color."

Just cancel it now. Jeebus NBC.

I was like WTF when I read that too.Teh FAIL!
I think what they mean is that there are 3 different types of KITT they will use when filming the show. The standard "Hero" KITT, the "Attack" KITT, and "Remote" KITT. In other words, the "Remote" is an actual driverless car they use to film the show, that has some sort of drive-by-wire logic built-in (not a guy stuffed under the seat like last time).

In the actual show, this will all appear as one vehicle that can "transform" into Attack mode (remember Super Pursuit Mode from the original series?)

Lumathix

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2004
Originally posted by: Homerboy
You didn't even touch on the super-ghey part:

"
There will actually be three versions of KITT in the show: a 540-hpstandard version of the character named KITT Hero, a super high-speedversion that's heavily modified for combat called KITT Attack (click here to view his body changes), and a driverless version called KITT Remote. According to NBC, KITT in the modern era is a supercomputer capable of hacking anything that plugs into a wall, and thanks to progress made in the area of nanotechnology, its body can shift both its shape and color."

Just cancel it now. Jeebus NBC.

Holy crap that is lame as hell.....

Thund3rb1rd

Aug 24, 2007
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
Nothing says redneck quite like Mustang. Thanks Hoff!

you're bona fide idiot
let me guess...you have a $6,000 ricer, with only primer fascias and skirts, and one of those $30 wal-mart fart cans screwed to the back of it....maybe one of those 18" tall spoilers???

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: UNCjigga
Originally posted by: boatillo
uggggg I bet Chippy Foose designed that monstrosity...
Indeed, the "Attack Mode" KITT is quite garish. I liked the original Mustang GT-R showcar from years back much better (this one).

For everyday-driver KITT, why couldn't they build something different like the Mustang Giugiaro concept?

That car is hot! Although the interior is fugly.

TestedAcorn

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2007
Kinda dumb but this is one of the only new Mustang's I like. I have a 94 GT, and i like it though :)

Mokmo418

Jul 13, 2004
I haven't seen many episodes of Knight rider, is it like Viper but the the car being a character ?
I wonder how the super pursuit mode will look...

PClark99

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
enough with the remakes already, whats next, a remake of the A Team starring the cast of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?