New Knight Rider Revealed

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
At least they are staying true to the source material!

It looks like trash.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
naw, even back then trans am was tacky
mustang is too awesome to be the car.

PClark99

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
As much as I love Mustangs making the new KITT a Mustang instead of a TA is weak ass.

Shat, why not make it Michelle Knight instead of Michael Knight too.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
You didn't even touch on the super-ghey part:

"
There will actually be three versions of KITT in the show: a 540-hpstandard version of the character named KITT Hero, a super high-speedversion that's heavily modified for combat called KITT Attack (click here to view his body changes), and a driverless version called KITT Remote. According to NBC, KITT in the modern era is a supercomputer capable of hacking anything that plugs into a wall, and thanks to progress made in the area of nanotechnology, its body can shift both its shape and color."

Just cancel it now. Jeebus NBC.

Skunkwourk

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
That mustang doesn't look Futuristic like the KITT Firebird did in it's time. Why couldn't they at least use the transformers Camaro or something. Oh the Horror.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: m0mentary
That mustang doesn't look Futuristic like the KITT Firebird did in it's time. Why couldn't they at least use the transformers Camaro or something. Oh the Horror.

That's exactly what I thought. KITT needs to be a sleek GM, not a 2 door sedan Ford.

mh47g

May 25, 2007
This is either going to be really awesome or god awful. Either way, it makes me want to watch all of the old ones.

Jun 19, 2004
Year, not feelin the double spoiler. Better without, or at least without the top half of it and just a single low profile spoiler at least.

I also agree with the other who said the new Camaro, like the one in Transformers, might have been a better choice.

The show has SOME potential, but will likely flop.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I don't like their choice of car, but if you believe that any new KITT *must* be "American", there really isn't a lot to choose from. I guess some possibilities are:

- Vette
- Viper (already had a cheesy TV show)
- New Camaro (not out/already typecast as Bumblebee)
- New Challenger (not out--but I think this would've been a good choice.)
- Hell, I'd even take this over a Mustang.

As a concept, the Pontiac GTO would be a perfect choice for KITT (unassuming, stealthy looks with brute performance under the hood.) Too bad Pontiac didn't do any design work for the car and it looked like crap. If KITT didn't have to be American, I think we'd be seeing a jet black Nissan GT-R.

boatillo

Dec 14, 2004
uggggg I bet Chippy Foose designed that monstrosity...

On another note, I will not be watching this show, not because I love Mustangs and it will make me puke a little every time I see this one, but because....its Knightrider. Seriously who watched the first one? Why would I want to watch a robocar when there is Robocop?

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Homerboy
You didn't even touch on the super-ghey part:

"
There will actually be three versions of KITT in the show: a 540-hpstandard version of the character named KITT Hero, a super high-speedversion that's heavily modified for combat called KITT Attack (click here to view his body changes), and a driverless version called KITT Remote. According to NBC, KITT in the modern era is a supercomputer capable of hacking anything that plugs into a wall, and thanks to progress made in the area of nanotechnology, its body can shift both its shape and color."

Just cancel it now. Jeebus NBC.

I was like WTF when I read that too.Teh FAIL!

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: boatillo
uggggg I bet Chippy Foose designed that monstrosity...
Indeed, the "Attack Mode" KITT is quite garish. I liked the original Mustang GT-R showcar from years back much better (this one).

For everyday-driver KITT, why couldn't they build something different like the Mustang Giugiaro concept?