New Knight Rider Revealed

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Well, I must be easy to please as I liked it. A little too much with the background music at every chance, but if it becomes a series I'll watch it. :)

zig3695

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2007
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Originally posted by: NFS4
Wow, a GMC SUV... bad guys of course :)

Notice how two people in the accident died too? I'm sure that wasn't on accident :D

qft!!

overall i thought the show was lame but it would be good for kids. the chick was hot so it wasnt horrible but... i guess its on par with the original...

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
There was some unneeded skin and lesbian references, but it wasn't too bad over all.

WTF did you write there...? My browser only shows blurry text...

Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: rh71
That dude is so not Bonnie Barstow. :(

Yeah, I couldn't help but think there at the end during the final drive off "They've got the old guy, young (stupid) cocky guy, hot white chick, black female lesbian, and some short ethnic dude (origins as yet unknown)....yep, they've covered all their P.C. bases.".

I still can't decide if I liked K.I.T.T. dropping out of a C130 at the end....I was kinda looking forward to seeing how they decked out an 18 wheeler.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Well, Sidney Poitiers daughter was hot. So was her lover.
I kind of hoped to see teh Hoff drive off in a Camaro, but I guess when Ford pays the bills...

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
That show totally sucks. Enough with the damn Ford ads. A Mustang KITT is a travesty to begin with, they don't have to rub it in.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Throckmorton
That show totally sucks. Enough with the damn Ford ads. A Mustang KITT is a travesty to begin with, they don't have to rub it in.

Ford probably heavily subsidized the production of the show by donating the mustangs and whatnot in exchange for advertising.

This is probably how they secured funding for the pilot.

As far as I'm concerned, I really enjoyed it.

Xstatic1

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2006
it was meh. acting/script could have been better.

and what was up with all the Ford commercials? LOL.

Googer

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: angry hampster
Originally posted by: Googer
Originally posted by: jlfirehawk
New Knight Rider

I always liked the Trans AM better.

Searching GM 2006-2008 Inventory........404 Trans AM not found....

You can go back further than 2006 ;)

You have to take in to account that when the original show aired, you could go to the dealership and pick up almost the same car you saw on tv; minus the lights and modifications. Fastforward to 2008, the TransAM, Firebird, or Camero are no longer produced. TV producers want to take the same spirit of the original and use a modern day car with the most up to date technology as they did in the early 80's. Use what's available, fresh, and new; otherwise you'd be best off watching re-runs of the original show.

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Are you username: LadiesMan217?

Where is the eBay item 21153? WHERE ARE THE GLASSES?

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
There was some unneeded skin and lesbian references, but it wasn't too bad over all.

That part where the black FBI agent is shown with the naked blonde that she "just picked up" had nothing to do with the story, and it was a bit uncomfortable when watching with my 7 year old. The two girls in the bed- likewise.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Goosemaster

That part where the black FBI agent is shown with the naked blonde that she "just picked up" had nothing to do with the story, and it was a bit uncomfortable when watching with my 7 year old. The two girls in the bed- likewise.

Technically half black.

Nyati13

Jan 2, 2003
Originally posted by: EGGO
Are you username: LadiesMan217?

Where is the eBay item 21153? WHERE ARE THE GLASSES?

Yeah the human actors were a bit lame, but Barricade did a great job acting.

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
I still can't decide if I liked K.I.T.T. dropping out of a C130 at the end....I was kinda looking forward to seeing how they decked out an 18 wheeler.
Um, I didn't see that part. Apparently my DVR cut off early. Oh well, I enjoyed the show and will continue to watch it if there are future episodes.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
awful awful awful.

<<--- child of the 80s.

The main problem is that the original KR took itself seriously, which is why it was fun to watch. Everyone in this pilot looked like they were trying for tongue-in-cheek, then rapidly shifted to serious when someone died, then right back to corny. Mike looks like a boy band extra on steroids. Fords suck.

Fail.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: jlfirehawk
New Knight Rider

I always liked the Trans AM better.

You mean the fake TV prop or the real early 80s Trans Am? Those old T/A's were not fast, hell, a modern Civic Si could probably beat a stock 1982 Firebird...it certainly could on curvy roads. And the chassis was pretty weak too, full of rattles and about as stiff as a wet noodle. In comparison, the new Mustang GT is a much much much better car.

Still, this series is doomed to fail. I bet it doesn't even last an entire season.

Aug 23, 2000
God this show sucked. I watched it just to see how they got Michael Knight in it. He acts like he doesn't even care about his own son. WTF?
They should have shown the nose of the original KITT amongst the cars in the funeral scene.

And the airplane drop off made me think of the shitastic Team Knight Rider. I literally laughed out loud and wretched at the same time.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
And the airplane drop off made me think of the shitastic Team Knight Rider. I literally laughed out loud and wretched at the same time.

Wow, you must really be into the TV you watch if a remake of a cheesy show from the 80's gives you that much of a physical reaction...

:roll: :p