New Knight Rider Revealed

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
17,948
31
91
Originally posted by: Thund3rb1rd
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
Nothing says redneck quite like Mustang. Thanks Hoff!
you're bona fide idiot
let me guess...you have a $6,000 ricer, with only primer fascias and skirts, and one of those $30 wal-mart fart cans screwed to the back of it....maybe one of those 18" tall spoilers???
Actually I live in TN and can pretty much say that anyone I see driving a mustang looks like what most would term a redneck.

To answer your question, no I do not drive a $6000 ricer. I drive a $40000 ricer. But yeah, it's a ricer.

*EDIT* I just saw your name. A Mustang to you must be like an Aston Martin. ;)
 

Thund3rb1rd

Member
Aug 24, 2007
103
0
0
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
Nothing says redneck quite like Mustang
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
... anyone I see driving a mustang looks like what most would term a redneck.

....
which is it?

not everyone sees the vehicle they use to get from point A to B as a way to portray themselves to people they don't know, people who brag about how much their car costs to people they don't know are often the ones that think there is a direct correlation to how much their vehicle costs to how much they know about the subject. i.e. you
 

brunell8

Senior member
Feb 23, 2001
976
0
76
elyriacheer.weebly.com
Originally posted by: Throckmorton
Originally posted by: m0mentary
That mustang doesn't look Futuristic like the KITT Firebird did in it's time. Why couldn't they at least use the transformers Camaro or something. Oh the Horror.
That's exactly what I thought. KITT needs to be a sleek GM, not a 2 door sedan Ford.
2 door sedan? Must be trick photography. :confused:
 

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
12,895
1
0
Originally posted by: Thund3rb1rd
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
Nothing says redneck quite like Mustang
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
... anyone I see driving a mustang looks like what most would term a redneck.

....
which is it?

not everyone sees the vehicle they use to get from point A to B as a way to portray themselves to people they don't know, people who brag about how much their car costs to people they don't know are often the ones that think there is a direct correlation to how much their vehicle costs to how much they know about the subject. i.e. you
i live in virginia... and a redneck would pretty much drive anything. i have a dodge pickup myself.

btw, are you offended that mustang is linked to redneck or that redneck is linked to mustang?
 

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
28,799
358
126
I find this whole story amusing, not also good. First, everyone says they shouldn't be bringing Knight Rider back... so if you want to bring something back, you usually need to update it somehow. Take for instance Bionic Woman (also on NBC :laugh); they updated that show to be modernized. It now appears to be within our time frame, or possibly a little into the future. A direct re-do of KR that everyone apparently seems to want, would no longer appear futuristic. Throwing in the modern version of the car that was used, or a similar model (oh wait, none of that style exist right now, besides maybe a Vette), because that would tie the new show back to the old show.

i personally agree with the idea of using the 2008 Dodge Challenger. Besides being kickass, it would be totally kickass as a car like KITT. :D
but then again, wait! nevermind, I want the new Challenger to be cool, not associated with something like KR. :p
 

MrToilet

Senior member
Feb 28, 2005
635
0
0
I don't think any TV people have any sort of creativity anymore. It seems like EVERY SINGLE freakin' show now is either a ripoff of a British game show (Millionare, Weakest Link, etc), or trying to bring back old shows (American Gladiators, Knight Rider... wtf)

The great thing about these shows was the fact that THEY WERE FROM THE 80's! They were great for the 80's, and they're great to watch *now* just to reminsce- you don't have to remake every show just because your editors and writers have no talent.

Next thing you know we'll have Andy Griffith come back as Matlock, and Peter Falk and his freaky eye back as Columbo...
 

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
52,813
1,012
126
^ I agree, at least a very similar sounding tune would be sweet.

EDIT>> It wasn't all that close. :(

EDIT2>> Glen A Larson... nice seeing that name again.

Lots of chicks in difference scenes to open the show. Woot.
 

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
24,295
7,977
136
Wait...so Sidney Tamia Poitier's character is a lesbian? I think they made that pretty obvious...
 

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
24,295
7,977
136
Originally posted by: rh71
^ I agree, at least a very similar sounding tune would be sweet.

EDIT>> It wasn't all that close. :(

EDIT2>> Glen A Larson... nice seeing that name again.

Lots of chicks in difference scenes to open the show. Woot.
The first few seconds were pretty faithful to the original, and then it got the Linkin Park meets Fallout Boy meets Moby treatment...

 

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
52,813
1,012
126
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: NFS4
Lesbo cop? This show blows
Dude it's been 12 minutes.
And it has been 12 minutes of suck.
Dude, you liked Surface.

Anyway, so far it doesn't have enough of a serious tone and it does have a cheese factor. The beginning needed more homage-ness. And the chick is pretty laughable. She's the lead? :(
 

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
25,135
2,438
126
Yeah... they wrecked the theme song :(

The car is kinda cool, but a Dodge Charger would have been cooler!
 

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
19,446
0
0
Originally posted by: ultimatebob
Yeah... they wrecked the theme song :(

The car is kinda cool, but a Dodge Charger would have been cooler!
Ummm..no.


Charger's suck...

:p
 

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
72,640
8
81
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: NFS4
Lesbo cop? This show blows
Dude it's been 12 minutes.
And it has been 12 minutes of suck.
Dude, you liked Surface.

Anyway, so far it doesn't have enough of a serious tone and it does have a cheese factor. The beginning needed more homage-ness.
Yeah, but surface didn't suck :D
 

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
19,446
0
0
I like it already if for no other reason than there is 100% less Hasselhoff...

:p

Oh, and yeah...that POS Ford SUV is keeping up...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY