New Jersey federal judge seeking a “national dialogue” to safeguard the privacy of federal judges.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
"In my case, the monster knew where I lived and what church we attended and had a complete dossier on me and my family. At the moment there is nothing we can do to stop it, and that is unacceptable," she said. "My son's death cannot be in vain, which is why I am begging those in power to do something to help my brothers and sisters on the bench."
“But what we cannot accept is when we are forced to live in fear for our lives because personal information, like our home addresses, can be easily obtained by anyone seeking to do us or our families harm,” said Salas.” Unfortunately, for my family, the threat was real and the free flow of information from the Internet allowed this sick and depraved human being to find all our personal information and target us.”

According to Salas, addresses and other information available on the Internet “ can be leveraged for nefarious purposes

My response to this is simple.
Why should only Federal employees enjoy privacy protections?

Historically when you wanted to find someone's information, you could crack open a phone book or hit '0'.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Maybe we should start by depoliticizing all judgeships at every level (local, state, federal, effing patent office.)

Allow judges to be chosen by a panel of their peers based on their merits, or else directly elected by their constituents separately from other offices (I.e. special election—no parties/no campaigning.)

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

My response to this is simple.
Why should only Federal employees enjoy privacy protections?

Historically when you wanted to find someone's information, you could crack open a phone book or hit '0'.
you can get an unlisted number that would not show up in phonebooks and, if I remember correct, would not give it out if requested,, usually cost you a small monthly fee to keep it unlisted.