New item to my 'ways i dont want to die' list

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article29315743.html

A 74-year-old Belleville (just outside of St. Louis in Illinois) man died Wednesday after he suffered burn injuries when his riding lawn mower rolled over and caught on fire in Shiloh.

Duane Sudholt died at Mercy Hospital in Creve Coeur, Mo., Shiloh Police Chief Jim Stover said Thursday.

Sudholt was mowing grass about 7:50 a.m. Wednesday near the intersection of Parkland Boulevard and Frank Scott Parkway. He was working on an embankment in front of an apartment building when his mower tipped over. Gasoline spilled and was ignited by the hot engine, catching both the machine and its operator on fire.

Shiloh Police Sgt. Kyle Bade on Wednesday said Sudholt apparently suffered burns over 50 percent of his body.

After the mower tipped over and caught fire, the man crawled away and ran down the street with his clothes in flames. Bade said passers-by helped put out the flames on Sudholt.

Sudholt was rushed by ambulance to Memorial Hospital in Belleville where an ARCH medical evacuation helicopter was waiting on the pad to fly him to the burn unit at Mercy Hospital.

notposting

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2005
Um, he was already stopped and dropped, right?
After the mower tipped over and caught fire, the man crawled away and ran down the street with his clothes in flames.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
That's what you get for disturbing the peace that early in the morning.

steppinthrax

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2006
It must be a shitty lawnmower. Most lawnmowers have a sealed tank with cap and anti siphon design. What kind of lawnmower was it?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I figured the OP would have listed escalator death instead.

:(

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
That's so fucked up. Guess we really don't have a choice as to how we are leaving this world.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
That's so fucked up. Guess we really don't have a choice as to how we are leaving this world.

Of course there's a choice. He could have said "man, I'd rather croak under a pile of hookers and blow than to disturb everyone by mowing grass at 7:50am..." and his death would have been far more pleasant.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
I actually worry about this sometimes when I'm mowing my lawn. I have a few steep parts of my hill.

But I actually practiced jumping off of it in case it starts to tip. Now I want to practice more.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I actually worry about this sometimes when I'm mowing my lawn. I have a few steep parts of my hill.

But I actually practiced jumping off of it in case it starts to tip. Now I want to practice more.
Also one of my major worries. My wife tells me to use the weed eater to take care of the bank in front of the house. I did that in college, I did that as a summer job, I told myself I'll never use one of those things the rest of my life. 25 years later, I haven't.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Of course there's a choice. He could have said "man, I'd rather croak under a pile of hookers and blow than to disturb everyone by mowing grass at 7:50am..." and his death would have been far more pleasant.

I dont know where to get drugs. And something tells me that at 74, not many people will help me out.

Feb 6, 2007
My "Ways I Don't Want to Die" list keeps growing; it's like 3 million entries long at this point. Meanwhile my "Ways I Want to Die" list is holding steady at one: Crashing a nuclear powered rocket sled into the sun on Christmas while getting a group blowjob from the surviving cast of Firefly.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I dont know where to get drugs. And something tells me that at 74, not many people will help me out.

I've never seen a 74 year old that didn't have a medicine cabinet filled with prescription bottles. There's got to be something in there to get high on.

And if not, you can go out under a pile of hookers and booze. There are always options.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I've never seen a 74 year old that didn't have a medicine cabinet filled with prescription bottles. There's got to be something in there to get high on.

And if not, you can go out under a pile of hookers and booze. There are always options.

I suspect my liver will die 6 years before I do.