New Humble (Deep Silver) Bundle - I miss the indie games.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Humble Bundle

Titles:
Saints Row The Third
Saints Row 2
Risen 2: Dark Waters
Sacred 2: Gold Edition

Beat the Average:
Dead Island: GOTY Edition
Saints Row The Third The Full Package

Added 8/6/2013 - BTA and Get:
Metro 2033
Risen
Sacred Citadel

Pay more than $25 (Seriously?):
Dead Island: Riptide

Soundtracks:
Saints Row The Third
Risen 2
Sacred 2
Dead Island Riptide ($25 lock)

At time of posting, the average was ~$4.40

And yes, STEAM required for ALL titles.

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
What? Saints Row the third complete cost a lot not that long ago and has good reviews.

Sacred 2 and Risen 2 are also pretty decent titles. I think this is a bargain if you need.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
OP, what do you mean about missing indie games? Humble Bundle still sells indie stuff on a regular basis.

Pay more than $25 (Seriously?):
Dead Island: Riptide

It's a $40 MSRP game that just came out a couple months ago. What did you expect?

Christ you guys are cheapskates.

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
I got the bundle at the average price. One of my buddies got dead island from the summer sale so I might try and coop with him.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
OP, what do you mean about missing indie games? Humble Bundle still sells indie stuff on a regular basis.

It's a $40 MSRP game that just came out a couple months ago. What did you expect?

Christ you guys are cheapskates.

I was thinking the same. It must just be me though because I buy most of my games at launch and I scratch my head when people say "wow that looks awesome...when will it be on sale for $20?"

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Hey, for a bit over 4.40$ (assuming it doesnt skyrocket when I get home) I will definitely buy this... those games are definitely worth a buck even though I own Risen (I think...) and Sacred 2 Gold.

Speaking of Sacred 2 Gold, the original rocked on consoles but on the PC it is so clunky as to be nearly unplayable... terrible terrible terrible

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I can't believe some of you guys are complaining when you can get SR3 and every DLC for less than $5. I already have SR3 and might buy this again anyway just to make sure I have everything.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
i'm willing to put a buck down for SR2 and a couple filler RPGs.

I'm curious as to what the mid-bundle bonus game(s) will be. Deep Silver themselves don't have a lot in their back catalog, and I don't know what (if anything) Volition has done outside of Saints Row.

I doubt it will be compelling enough for me to up the amount, since I already have SR3: The Full Package and honestly don't care for Dead Island right now.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
i'm willing to put a buck down for SR2 and a couple filler RPGs.

I'm curious as to what the mid-bundle bonus game(s) will be. Deep Silver themselves don't have a lot in their back catalog, and I don't know what (if anything) Volition has done outside of Saints Row.

I doubt it will be compelling enough for me to up the amount, since I already have SR3: The Full Package and honestly don't care for Dead Island right now.

Supposedly Metro 2033.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I'm waiting for Dead Island: Riptide to go on sale for cheaper. Wanna do 4 player co-op so it needs to get close to $10 or less because of penny pinching friends.

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
I bought Riptide at launch for $39.99, beat it and wasn't disappointed. It isn't a masterpiece, obviously, but it a decent zombie romp.

I recently went back to play the first Dead Island (for the Steam cards) and I was surprised at how much it sucked compared to Riptide.

Anyone who picks up either game for the first time - make sure you download "Dead Island Helper". It will make the experience much, much better. It really is a necessity.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I'm in for the average ($4.72). Mainly I want Risen 2, but everything else looks cool, even though not really my thing.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I'm surprised by some of the comments here.

Anyway I purchased it, the whole package, and divided the money to give about 70% of it to charity. I'll finally get to see what SR3 was all about and Sacred 2 Gold is quite the hidden gem that many of you guys wouldn't suspect lest you'd at least give it a try, unless of course you're just not into hack 'n slash games, but it really is a fun action RPG, in my opinion. I own the original Sacred 2 version (before Ice & Blood was released which was just around the time when the developers went bankrupt) and completed the game two times with two characters, but now I'll finally see what the expansion was like (included in Gold) which was initially never released in NA (it's been on Steam for a while though, but it never got to retails in NA I think).

I also never played SR2 nor Dead Island so I'll see about those two eventually (won't install them now though, too many other games to play), plus the OSTs are always a nice bonus. It's only the second Humble Bundle I've bought anything from, the last time I did that was literally for the first ever Humble Bundle they made back in 2010 which included World of Goo, and between that one and this latest bundle I never was interested in anything they offered (but that's just me I guess). But anyway, if anything, most of my money will go to charity (hopefully so, but I do trust it will) which is always a good thing in the end regardless of the games offered in any bundles.

AlexAL

Jan 23, 2008
Rumors are Risen 1, Metro 2033 and Sacred 1 will be added to the bundle for BTA.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Be sure to pay above the average -- the Saints Row 3 story DLC is fun, especially the 50s sci fi movie series. It includes some good vehicles too.

chalmers

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2008
I was thinking the same. It must just be me though because I buy most of my games at launch and I scratch my head when people say "wow that looks awesome...when will it be on sale for $20?"

Not sure how that doesn't make sense. Some people don't want to pay $50-$60 for games, so they wait until they go down to $20-$30. Pretty simple.

beach2nd

Aug 15, 2002
in for $5 - actually don't own any of these games but have been meaning to pick up dead island for a while now

Clinkster

Aug 5, 2009
I laugh at the people ripping on Saints Row 3. Go back to your GTA IV Cousin bowling simulation.