New HOTLINE Announced!

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Hot line will tell of immigration raids

Coalition wants to notify people where and when immigration raids will take place, and create a support system for deportee targets.

A coalition of local immigrant rights groups, including the Orange County Alliance for Immigrants Rights and the Front Against the Raids, announced a planned program to create a hot line that will notify people where and when immigration raids will take place. The program would also coordinate a support system for the families of deportee targets.

"We want to have a more organized effort to counter these attacks," said Jaime Conteras, a 20-year-old Filipino immigrant who now lives in Santa Ana. "We cannot let people trample on our rights."

The activists urged people to call the hot line, at 714-973-7806, to report immigration raids, detentions, missing people or any abusive power by ICE or local law enforcement.

I would think this would be illegal in fact a felony because it hampers Federal agents in their ability to enforce the law as well as aiding and abetting criminals.

However this is taking place in California and they tend to have a different view of the law as it pertains to illegal immigrants so maybe not.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
20 year old idiot: "We cannot let people trample on our rights."

Caveman: "Yeah I have a response, uggh....what?!"

Not exactly sure where this entitlement mentality comes from, I blame Mr. Rogers.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
I think if I knew where illegals worked in California I would call that number from time to time and report raids at those work places just to wreak havoc with their employers. :)

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Responding to a refusal by city leaders to declare the city a sanctuary for illegal immigrants, more than a dozen people gathered outside City Hall on Monday night to denounce recent immigration raids, accusing federal officials of "terrorizing" immigrant communities and breaking up families.
For those familiar with SoCal, Santa Ana is essentially a sanctuary for illegal immigration already...what could and should be a very nice middle class and multi-ethnic city has deteriorated significantly over the past few years.

"We want to have a more organized effort to counter these attacks," said Jaime Conteras, a 20-year-old Filipino immigrant who now lives in Santa Ana. "We cannot let people trample on our rights."
The only right these people have is to apply for work visas or pursue the path to citizenship like every other wave of immigrants that have come to America since it's birth. As the grandson of immigrants, this sense of entitlement from the current waves of immigrants bothers me greatly.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Lovely idea ?don?t come to work today, someone might actually CARE if you?re qualified to build this house or bridge!?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Wow, the messageboard associated to articles on the OC Register are community moderated...and some knucklehead erased every posting that expresses outrage on this story.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Is there a Federal Aiding and Abetting law we could use against these people?
Of course not. Or rather, sure. It will be about as enforced as the current millions of felons running amok around the country. The law doesn't care about those offenses.

It's a shame Americans have built themselves a great country and so pathetically watch its laws get flushed down the toilet by uninvited illegals. Frankly, many of you are total pussies watching your laws get flaunted and ignored.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Ahh, got to love the California political playbook. Cracking down on people who have committed an illegal act, probably two since they use fake social security numbers, is now terrorizing a community. Sad thing is that liberals lap this emotional based crap up since they are a poor, helpless minority who needs their protection.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Always low prices. Always.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Socio
I think if I knew where illegals worked in California I would call that number from time to time and report raids at those work places just to wreak havoc with their employers. :)

The activists urged people to call the hot line, at 714-973-7806, to report immigration raids,

:D