New Healthcare prop being worked on

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I'll see you in the pool or maybe not since you're in tech.
As a guy with a lifelong condition I don't expect my insurance rates to be the same as everyone else but I don't expect to get randomly dropped or pay an unrealistic amount more. Unrealistic means you have to decide to make food or shelter decisions to pay for healthcare. That's unreasonable.

And unfortunately the impression one gets from one specific party seems to be that you're either 'not working hard enough' or 'brought it on yourself'.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I don't care what you call it, but everyone's health care has to be covered.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Well, as Glenn will no doubt tell you, it's your fault for not being born rich and healthy. ...God, I can't wait to watch that guy screaming and writhing in hellfire. I'll bring some marshmallows and some sticks and roast them over his flailing red-hot soul.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Apparently Ryan is attempting to enlist local unions to smooth this all out.

turdPolishersUnion.jpg

Reactions: senseamp

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Well, as Glenn will no doubt tell you, it's your fault for not being born rich and healthy. ...God, I can't wait to watch that guy screaming and writhing in hellfire. I'll bring some marshmallows and some sticks and roast them over his flailing red-hot soul.

It must really gall you to be expected that your insurance costs should reflect your actual costs rather than just having guys like me pay for it. At least you could do the honorable work of breaking and entering into my house to steal the money to pay for your doctor bills. After all we don't "deserve" the money.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
It must really gall you to be expected that your insurance costs should reflect your actual costs rather than just having guys like me pay for it. At least you could do the honorable work of breaking and entering into my house to steal the money to pay for your doctor bills. After all we don't "deserve" the money.

You don't even understand the underlying problem here, do you? My costs are thankfully low, as I have a cheap plan and am in relatively good health due to personal habits. That's not what I'm getting at and you know it. And yes, you are going to fry in Hell according to your own religion: open your Bible, turn to the Gospel of Matthew, and read chapter 25 up through verse 46, paying special attention to verse 46 itself.

And don't give me that "Jesus said be charitable, he didn't say fund social programs with theft--I mean taxation!" horseshit. He ALSO said "render unto Caesar what is Caesars." Since we're not living in an agricultural society, we don't have personal fields and vineyards to leave ungleaned and unreaped at the corners; we "harvest" fiat currency, and this is how we give it to the poor.

So if you don't want to spend eternity screaming for your mother as your skin crisps and your flesh broils and your bones crack and your marrow bubbles out of the crevices as your eyeballs boil in their sockets...you better change, fast.

Feb 4, 2009
You don't even understand the underlying problem here, do you? My costs are thankfully low, as I have a cheap plan and am in relatively good health due to personal habits. That's not what I'm getting at and you know it. And yes, you are going to fry in Hell according to your own religion: open your Bible, turn to the Gospel of Matthew, and read chapter 25 up through verse 46, paying special attention to verse 46 itself.

And don't give me that "Jesus said be charitable, he didn't say fund social programs with theft--I mean taxation!" horseshit. He ALSO said "render unto Caesar what is Caesars." Since we're not living in an agricultural society, we don't have personal fields and vineyards to leave ungleaned and unreaped at the corners; we "harvest" fiat currency, and this is how we give it to the poor.

So if you don't want to spend eternity screaming for your mother as your skin crisps and your flesh broils and your bones crack and your marrow bubbles out of the crevices as your eyeballs boil in their sockets...you better change, fast.

For the record Glenn has never claimed to be a religious guy.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Is Glenn1 even religious? Some people are just natural unmitigated assholes.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I hope they don't succeed. I need my Obamacare plan. It's good for $350 a month. I have over $1000 a month invested in 4 prescriptions that now cost me $28 a month total. My deductible was only $300 and the rest of the coverage is good too. These fucking Republicans are gonna muck it all up.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

Wow, that's some scary stuff. Support the progressive social welfare state or you'll go to hell. Now there's a persuasive argument. I certainly recall the part where he refused to help people and just asked Caesar to do it instead "because collective action problem." Or the sermon on the mount where he said "blessed are those who voted for single payer." Or were the Romans already doing free healthcare for all, I forget.

Also seems like you're overlooking the whole part about the government you worship executing the dude for his troubles. Maybe crucifixion is the kind of Obamacare death panels you prefer?

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
@glenn1

Way to twist what I said out of context entirely, wow.

I'm gonna see if I can turn this at another angle to get it through to you: he said help the poor, period, full stop, end of discussion. Nothing on the methods. He didn't care how we did it, he said to fucking DO IT. In a society where most people don't produce agricultural products and own land, one where our harvest is as I said fiat money, the way to do this is to pool it and spread it around.

And that government executed Jesus because he was challenging their corrupt hierarchy, which among other things was shitting all over the poor and minority groups, of which Jesus was both.

You...really need to think these things through before you post. Literally everything you said was fallacious and/or actually applies to your mindset, not mine.

And yes, you are still going to Hell. How dare you, how dare you, call yourself a Christian and do and say the things you do?!

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
@glenn1

Way to twist what I said out of context entirely, wow.

I'm gonna see if I can turn this at another angle to get it through to you: he said help the poor, period, full stop, end of discussion. Nothing on the methods. He didn't care how we did it, he said to fucking DO IT. In a society where most people don't produce agricultural products and own land, one where our harvest is as I said fiat money, the way to do this is to pool it and spread it around.

And that government executed Jesus because he was challenging their corrupt hierarchy, which among other things was shitting all over the poor and minority groups, of which Jesus was both.

You...really need to think these things through before you post. Literally everything you said was fallacious and/or actually applies to your mindset, not mine.

And yes, you are still going to Hell. How dare you, how dare you, call yourself a Christian and do and say the things you do?!

Thanks, I'll file your input about my afterlife right along beside those of the Jehovahs Witnesses and Mormons. And you better watch yourself because Lord Xenu of Scientologist fame just warned me that Azuma Hazuki is going to hell for misusing Jesus's name and creating heretical self-serving arguments about words Jesus didn't say to bolster your predetermined political beliefs.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Excuse me? "Render unto Caesar" is Matthew 22:21 and the parable of the sheep and goats is Matthew 25:31-46. Granted, we don't know for sure Jesus said this because we don't have one single blessed word by the hand of the man himself, but that's about as close to "Jesus actually said this" as it is possible to get.

You're a slippery little fuck. I know your kind; Teflon hide, no accountability, butter wouldn't melt in your mouth...the kind of people Jesus (is said to have) warned us about, in short, a hypocrite. I know you can't be saved; I'm just rubbing it in harder and making it so everyone reading all this can see what a complete amoral walking trash fire of a human being you are. Tell them to bury you in asbestos underpants, Glenn...

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Republicans should cry a river, build a bridge, and get over the fact that Obamacare is as conservative as health care system is going to get going forward. So they better make it work, because if it fails, next stop is Medicare for all.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Excuse me? "Render unto Caesar" is Matthew 22:21 and the parable of the sheep and goats is Matthew 25:31-46. Granted, we don't know for sure Jesus said this because we don't have one single blessed word by the hand of the man himself, but that's about as close to "Jesus actually said this" as it is possible to get.

You're a slippery little fuck. I know your kind; Teflon hide, no accountability, butter wouldn't melt in your mouth...the kind of people Jesus (is said to have) warned us about, in short, a hypocrite. I know you can't be saved; I'm just rubbing it in harder and making it so everyone reading all this can see what a complete amoral walking trash fire of a human being you are. Tell them to bury you in asbestos underpants, Glenn...

You're reallllllly invested in this idea that Jesus was a progressive Democrat. You seem to be missing his much more direct point that you should "sell everything to give to the poor then come follow me." That's direct, personal charity. Notice he didn't say "vote for higher tax rates on rich people so they can pay more money to Caesar to he can give it to the poor."

The point is the same in every major religion. Unless you're giving your own personal shi!t to the poor it doesn't count. You're the kind of hypocritical person who wants someone else to do it for you. Sorry that just voting Democrat isn't going to make you a holy person. You gotta give out of your own pocket, something Democrats are terrible at.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015

It cannot be stated enough that invoking religion will NOT help your case on a message board inhabited primarily with (mostly) intellectual nerds.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

Just a heads up that glenn used to be and might still be on government handouts, same as lot of these wannabe tough guy conservatives. In fairness he's right though that handouts aren't necessarily a cure, in this case for blustering degeneracy.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Just a heads up that glenn used to be and might still be on government handouts, same as lot of these wannabe tough guy conservatives. In fairness he's right though that handouts aren't necessarily a cure, in this case for blustering degeneracy.

Oh Lord, I'm dying laughing over here! I knew he was projecting. This explains so much! Maybe he's so down on people on the dole because he thinks they're all as horrible as he is...

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
You're reallllllly invested in this idea that Jesus was a progressive Democrat. You seem to be missing his much more direct point that you should "sell everything to give to the poor then come follow me." That's direct, personal charity. Notice he didn't say "vote for higher tax rates on rich people so they can pay more money to Caesar to he can give it to the poor."

The point is the same in every major religion. Unless you're giving your own personal shi!t to the poor it doesn't count. You're the kind of hypocritical person who wants someone else to do it for you. Sorry that just voting Democrat isn't going to make you a holy person. You gotta give out of your own pocket, something Democrats are terrible at.

Wanna know how much of my after-tax income, small as it is, goes to charity? DIRECT charity, as in "a human trafficking survivor friend of mine?" 35%, maybe slightly more now that my hours got cut. And I'm under the federal poverty level as it is, and not receiving any government assistance.

If you were trying to accuse me of hypocrisy, you fucked up. Bad. Shove that foot any further in your mouth and you'll step in the last thing your grandpa ate before he died...