New Gears of War trailer

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Just an observation...why do all the character models in Unreal based games have such large feet/boots? It looks totally out of proportion with the body. I've noticed this way back since the original UT days.

Take for example the character models in Half Life 2 or other games and the feet don't look so out of proportion.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
God I HATE that song so so so so so so so so so so so very much.
Nice trailer, but I had to have sound muted to watch it.

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Meh, no in game shots in the trailer, doesn't really tell me anything about the plot (if there is one)...I'm not impressed. The gameplay in the previously linked youtube vid looks fun but if you say the graphics in the trailer are the same quality as the actual gameplay you're smoking it. That's not to say that Sony and everyone else haven't been getting people hyped on non-gameplay trailers for years but I'd like to think most of us have learned that you can't judge an actual game on a trailer that doesn't even show the in game graphics.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SoulAssassin
Meh, no in game shots in the trailer, doesn't really tell me anything about the plot (if there is one)...I'm not impressed. The gameplay in the previously linked youtube vid looks fun but if you say the graphics in the trailer are the same quality as the actual gameplay you're smoking it. That's not to say that Sony and everyone else haven't been getting people hyped on non-gameplay trailers for years but I'd like to think most of us have learned that you can't judge an actual game on a trailer that doesn't even show the in game graphics.

Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Unless you're going to call BS on Unreal Engine 3 as a whole, here's 10 minutes of STFU

- M4H

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
I wonder, why release trailer in HD, but leave music score at what looks very much like 96kbps mp3...

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Originally posted by: yllus
Originally posted by: Wreckem
Originally posted by: Murphy Durphy
I'm a hardcore X360 fan, and an even bigger fan of First Person Shooters. Ever since this game has been announced, I've been skeptical. Sure it looks great...well fvckin unbelievable, but I was worried about if it'd live up to such tremendous hype the game's been getting.

However every single review and hands on I've read, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE, the person has been blown away. I've never heard of a game in which nay sayers and skeptics alike are all saying "This lives up to the hype, and beyond."

I'll be picking this one up for sure.
Thats because the developers stuck to their guns and wouldn't compromise with Microsoft.
What makes you say that?

The developers and MS battled over features and gameplay.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
looking at the ingame video, my only fear is that the gameplay will get repetitive if the environment doesn't change at a fast enough pace. Bungie masterful at setting the tempo in Halo to make sure you never got bored and the environment changed quickly. To me, being able to kill a ton of dumb enemies isn't as satisfying as taking down a few smart AI bad guys.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: homercles337
Wow, am i in OT or Video?! Folks, the game will NOT look like that in real time, so save your pennies. Nice rendering though...

O RLY?

Yea, game play that looks NOTHING like rendreed scenes. Thanks for sharing. :roll:

I don't know about you buddy, but the in game footage looks just as good. The Trailer is using the same engine/effects as the actual game:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747891/vids_1.html

Oh jebus christ, dont be dumb sparky. Dont be dumb.

Go read my original post then come back and apologize. Oh wait, apology is not in your dictionary since youre never wrong, right?

edit: here's a hint sparky--REALTIME. Did that make it through your thick skull?

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Just an observation...why do all the character models in Unreal based games have such large feet/boots? It looks totally out of proportion with the body. I've noticed this way back since the original UT days.

Take for example the character models in Half Life 2 or other games and the feet don't look so out of proportion.

well they are boots/suits of armor. but my guess is their whole body is out of proportion and physically impossible. nothing new, some pretty cool looking naked stone greek statues are also actually physically impossible/inacurate but that wasn't the point there iether.

The Riace Bronzes
http://www.pbs.org/howartmadetheworld/gallery/ click on the perfect physique. then images 4+

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001

Go read my original post then come back and apologize. Oh wait, apology is not in your dictionary since youre never wrong, right?

edit: here's a hint sparky--REALTIME. Did that make it through your thick skull?

Is there somehting seriously wrong with you? M4H posted a link to the first 10 minutes of actual REALTIME GAMEPLAY.

It looks freaking amazing.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: LikeLinus

Is there somehting seriously wrong with you? M4H posted a link to the first 10 minutes of actual REALTIME GAMEPLAY.

No sense in arguing with him. He probably didn't even take the time to look at the footage.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: LikeLinus

No sense in arguing with him. He probably didn't even take the time to look at the footage.

Happy 60K NFS4 :p :D

:beer: x60000

- M4H

Rayden

Jun 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Murphy Durphy
I'm a hardcore X360 fan, and an even bigger fan of First Person Shooters. Ever since this game has been announced, I've been skeptical. Sure it looks great...well fvckin unbelievable, but I was worried about if it'd live up to such tremendous hype the game's been getting.

However every single review and hands on I've read, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE, the person has been blown away. I've never heard of a game in which nay sayers and skeptics alike are all saying "This lives up to the hype, and beyond."

I'll be picking this one up for sure.

HL? HL2? BF1942? Halo?

There are a few of them, and most of them go on to be classics.