NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
F*&king awesome all the way around!!! :Q:Q:Q

Pre-ordered my copy from FamilyVideo.com for $45.98 shipped

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Hopefully it lives up to the hype. I'm worried it'll be another Brute Force, which godawfully sucked my left nut. I've been weary of 3rd person shooters ever since the sh!t that was BF.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Hopefully it lives up to the hype. I'm worried it'll be another Brute Force, which godawfully sucked my left nut. I've been weary of 3rd person shooters ever since the sh!t that was BF.

*stabs self in eyes*

AAAGH! AUGH! WHY? WHY?

Sorry, conditioned response. :p

- M4H

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH

*stabs self in eyes*

AAAGH! AUGH! WHY? WHY?

Sorry, conditioned response. :p

- M4H

Believe me, I had the same response 10 minutes into playing BF. God that was terrible. At least with this I've seen trailers and it actually looks like fun to play. I mean GRAW and SC are both 3rd person and a ton of fun to play, I doubt MS would be putting this up against the PS3 launch if it didn't rock. Our 360 is going to get a huge workout once this and RS:V comes out.

jtusa

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2004
Quite possibly the best game trailer I've ever seen, at least in a long time. Nice to see something like that without cheesy rock music in the background.

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
Ya, definitely a great trailer. I've been trying to convence myself into dishing out the cash for a 360 and flat panel for my personal gaming setup. If it wasn't for the credit card balance I have right now I would already have one.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
That was really a gorgeous looking trailer. The rain coming down, the environment of what was once a beautiful place destroyed. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm still on the fence about getting this but I may have to drop the $60 on it.

The Emergence Day activities on 11/12 sound like fun too:

· A 24-Hour Leader board Tournament. The tournament winner receives a one of a kind ?Gears of War? branded guitar as well as an automatic bye to the finals of a Global ?Gears of War? Tournament planned for 2007.

· Hourly sweepstakes drawings and prize giveaways including the chance to win one of several Samsung HT-P29 Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound Systems

· An exclusive free ?Gears of War? Gamer pic and theme only available on Emergence Day

· Game with Fame sessions with legendary heavy metal band and ?Gears of War? fans Megadeth, the game?s lead designer Cliff Bleszinski and other members of the Epic Games team

· Never before seen videos including a special Emergence Day transmission from Cliff Bleszinski

· An MTV ?Gears of War: The Road to Launch? Sneak Preview

Why oh why couldn't Toys R Us run their "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" deal the week that GoW comes out? :)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Queasy
That was really a gorgeous looking trailer. The rain coming down, the environment of what was once a beautiful place destroyed. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

· A 24-Hour Leader board Tournament. The tournament winner receives a one of a kind ?Gears of War? branded guitar as well as an automatic bye to the finals of a Global ?Gears of War? Tournament planned for 2007.

· Hourly sweepstakes drawings and prize giveaways including the chance to win one of several Samsung HT-P29 Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound Systems

· An exclusive free ?Gears of War? Gamer pic and theme only available on Emergence Day

· Game with Fame sessions with legendary heavy metal band and ?Gears of War? fans Megadeth, the game?s lead designer Cliff Bleszinski and other members of the Epic Games team

· Never before seen videos including a special Emergence Day transmission from Cliff Bleszinski

Why oh why couldn't Toys R Us run their "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" deal the week that GoW comes out? :)

You can thank me later :D

$49.99 - $5.00 off coupon (NEWMEM96) + 99c shipping.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I have two preorders ready to go for Gears Of War. I'm not sure why. :p

This game is going to rock.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: Queasy

You can thank me later :D

$49.99 - $5.00 off coupon (NEWMEM96) + 99c shipping.

Schweet. Thanks man.

zainali

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2003
what song is it in the video?

also does anyone know what the collectors edition of this game would include extra? worth the $10 difference?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
i saw the gameplay videos from E3... gears of war looks absolutely WICKED. definitely a game i wish was coming to PC :)