New Gary Johnson video: Dream A Little

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Thanks:) I'm beginning to think there was a good reason as to why Dr. Paul hasn't really seemed to have taken him seriously. He's more hostile to Obama than Romney FFS... I haven't concluded that he is a Republican plant, but I'm beginning to suspect it. I wanted to support him more than I have, but Dr. Paul still hasn't officially endorsed him and he seems (to me, anyway) like he's trying to court potential Obama voters than Romney ones. Not to mention, he's legitimizing the system.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Thanks:) I'm beginning to think there was a good reason as to why Dr. Paul hasn't really seemed to have taken him seriously. He's more hostile to Obama than Romney FFS... I haven't concluded that he is a Republican plant, but I'm beginning to suspect it. I wanted to support him more than I have, but Dr. Paul still hasn't officially endorsed him and he seems (to me, anyway) like he's trying to court potential Obama voters than Romney ones. Not to mention, he's legitimizing the system.

Dude is not a Republican plant and he's hunting Obama right now because Romney isn't going to win. If you think he has any more respect for the Republican party than the Democrats you honestly haven't read enough up on the guy. You should do more reading on the subject, he's also on the proper side of choice when it comes to abortion. Ron Paul believes in a right to life and bases everything around that. It's nonsense and why he never gained me as a full blown supporter.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

You're a fucking idiot.

That is all.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Dude is not a Republican plant and he's hunting Obama right now because Romney isn't going to win. If you think he has any more respect for the Republican party than the Democrats you honestly haven't read enough up on the guy. You should do more reading on the subject, he's also on the proper side of choice when it comes to abortion. Ron Paul believes in a right to life and bases everything around that. It's nonsense and why he never gained me as a full blown supporter.
Good points:) I haven't kept up much on him, but from what I do know of him, he's just not my type of guy... don't get me wrong though as I think he's worlds better than Rombama. I've just tended to discount him because he's not a confederalist and he has always been more of a CATO type "reformist" guy than a Rothbardian abolitionist.

OTOH... Perhaps I should quit going for 100% and accept maybe 70%, but then I just don't see 70% taking us to where we need to go though. John Tyler was like 99% and his policies didn't last. John Randolph of Roanoke was 100% and Jefferson wouldn't support him... which I believe is illustrating my point that compromising will get us nowhere. In other words, Jefferson couldn't go with Randolph's proposals because of the backlash he would've faced. John C Calhoun is another 100% guy who didn't get anywhere because the others were only willing to accept compromise from him. He was the only Democrat who voted against the War of 1848 after all. My theory is that an absolute majority of people will need to become 100% in order for us to break the chains of tyranny (but that won't happen, so the tyranny is going to collapse under its own weight).

All of that said, I just don't see Johnson doing anything original enough to get us there in the long run. We only have one 100% Congressman right now and he's about to leave... it sucks for the anarcho-confederalists like myself and makes us cynics.

You've got my ear though:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.