Question new gaming pc

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
@HardWarrior

Demand is so high for new-gen hardware (Vermeer, RDNA2, Ampere) that it's hard to recommend anything new. If you are happy with what you have then just keep rolling with that until you start seeing unacceptable performance in your eyes.

Well said, Dr! I've lived your view for 30-years or more when it comes to rig upgrades or replacement. That's why I asked if there was a GAME on the market that is so demandng that it can stress my current investment. I enjoy balancing features against available funds when it comes to certain hardware. This is because my wife, who's the family CFO, likes presentations when I justify what I want and the cost.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Honestly I can't think of any current titles that will truly tax your system, with the possible exception of MS flight sim 2020.

I owe myself a copy of FS 2020 anyway. The sad thing about this is that if my box doesnt run it at full detail, I'll slowly start to fret over an upgrade or new box.

Wait, there's nothing sad about that! 😆

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
The thing is, even NVidia GPUs have PCI-E 4.0 now (with Ampere line-up). And only AMD offers a consumer platform with PCI-E 4.0 support. So if you want to play @ 4K60, then you're going to want something with PCI-E 4.0, IMHO, alongside an Ampere (or Big Navi) card. Intel won't have PCI-E 4.0 on a consumer platform until Rocket Lake, which likely won't be until 2021. Plus, I heard in a HardwareUnboxed video, or maybe it was GamersNexus, that many of those so-called "PCI-E 4.0 Ready" Z490 boards on the market right now, may not, in fact, turn out to be fully PCI-E 4.0 "ready" (*) for Rocket Lake, and that a new generation ("Z590?") chipset will be announced corresponding with Rocket Lake release, which will be fully "PCI-E 4.0 Certified" on Intel platform. But again, you'll have to wait until some time in 2021, most likely, for that to happen.

(*) Remember many years ago, when many consumer PCs were sold with Windows 98se/ME/2000, as "Vista Ready". And yet, they weren't. Yeah, that.
ok so i am getting upgrade on 25th of this month what i have chosen so far:
intel i9 10900k
which motherboard should i get:
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus
MSI Z490-A PRO
ASUS Prime Z490-A
MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk
ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus
which cabinet full tower:
Corsair Graphite 780T
Corsair Obsidian 750D
ram will be corsair rpg pro 3600mhz 16gb . is it good?
ssd: kingston kc600 1tb
seasonic focus plus titanium . should i get 650 or 750 watt? i may add rtx 3000 series later
my current gpu is 1660ti 6gb
is this good for 4k gaming 60fps if i add rtx later? mainly fps games
currently i want to play all assassins creed series battlefield series metro exodus shadow of tomb raider at maxed out at 1080p 60hz
thanks

What part of we don't allow multiple posts (cross-posting) did you not understand?

This thread is now locked.

AT Mod Usandthem

Status
Not open for further replies.