New game from Bioware teased

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
bioware-tease.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCt0k95edDw

The SpikeTV Video Game Awards (VGAs) is coming up on December 11 and one of the new game that will be revealed is a brand new game from Bioware. To entice you into watching the awards show a brief teaser was released this morning showing off what looks to possibly be a near-futuristic shooter.

Bioware is currently best known for its Mass Effect and Dragon Age games but this looks to be an entirely new product. Whether or not it will incorporate some of the RPG elements that the game developer is well known for remains to be seen. But we would be more surprised if they aren't included than if they are.

Several new games will be revealed at the Spike VGAs while more information will be dropped on known games like Batman: Arkham City. One of the more intriguing rumors currently is whether or not a Kinect-enable Gears of War game will be included.

You can catch the SpikeTV VGAs on December 11. Check with your provider for the exact channel naturally.

Phobic9

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2001
Arth Vader @ Joystiq said:
I can feel the nerd spilling out of me as I post this, but that rifle is the M29 Incisor from the ME2 Aegis pack. Either they're reusing weapon models, or it's new Mass Effect.

aegis-03-p.jpg

and
614_realsize.jpg

Link

Seems reasonable to me. More Mass Effect is fine with me. :D

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
I initially thought ME3 but the guy doesn't look like anybody from the ME universe. Makes me think a new IP is in the works.

Could just be similarities due to the fact of sharing the same design team.

Phobic9

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2001
It's definitely another Mass Effect based game, most likely a spinoff in the same universe.

Bioware has been tweeting QR codes (http://twitter.com/biofeed) which translate to binary codes. The first two have been figured out already to mean:

1st one - 55.845, which is the atomic mass of iron.
2nd one - -128.5&#176;F, which is also -89.16666666666667&#176;C, which is also the coldest recorded temp on Earth measured at Vostok, Antarctica. Vostok is mentioned in Mass Effect lore as having a mineral rich asteroid belt.

I'm not figuring these out myself obviously but it's cool Bioware is doing this (and another ME game).

Last edited:

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
I like one person's train of though in the Bioware forums. Steel is made from iron. Steel shatters at that temperature.

Shattered Steel 2. :D

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
I would love a new game set in the Mass Effect universe that doesn't involve shepard.

But hey, I trust Bioware. :)

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Kinda looks like Conrad Verner with dark hair :p

And the rifle is totally the M-29 Incisor. Even all the small details are shared! And wow for noticing that!