New Exhaust System on the 'stang today

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MasterAndCommander

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2004
Originally posted by: atiyeh
GTO will hand your ass to you on a silver platter. That's my point.

Doubt my ass would get handed...definitely has a 100 HP edge, but it's also heavier. It's still a low 13's car at best while mine is a mid 13.

Theguynextdoor

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: MasterAndCommander

Doubt my ass would get handed...definitely has a 100 HP edge, but it's also heavier. It's still a low 13's car at best while mine is a mid 13.

Hate to tell you this but a better suspesion too. This is based on tests from professional drivers. I have yet to drive teh new stang, and I have yet to drive the GTO on a track.

MasterAndCommander

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Theguynextdoor

Hate to tell you this but a better suspesion too. This is based on tests from professional drivers. I have yet to drive teh new stang, and I have yet to drive the GTO on a track.

whatever dude..if you want to turn this into a stang vs. GTO thread then start your own. The '05's 3-link rear seems to do be doing ok in Grand-AM racing. I haven't heard of any GTO's winning any Grand-AM races.

Theguynextdoor

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Theguynextdoor

whatever dude..if you want to turn this into a stang vs. GTO thread then start your own. The '05's 3-link rear seems to do be doing ok in Grand-AM racing. I haven't heard of any GTO's winning any Grand-AM races.

Dude it's :cool: I like the stangs as much as the GTO. Besides there's already enough GTOvsStang threads out there.

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak
Originally posted by: Fmr12B
Shoulda bought a GTO

I like Borla!

No thanks, I didn't want everyone thinking I was driving a Cavalier.
That Cavalier would hand your ass to you, but anyway

Sounds better, but not great IMO. Was it a full cat back or just the mufflers? That might explain it; doing mufflers only is kinda pointless to me, but to each his own ;)

I'd love to race one of those GTO's/Cavaliers, but I never see one because no ones buying them around here. It was just mufflers...the factory pipes are 2.5" mandrel-bent, stainless steel - it wouldn't do much better to change them, Muscular Mustangs and Fast Fords did a test and got very little HP gain...seems like the factory did a good job already. I changed them mainly cause the tail pipes looked so cheap and too small for the bumper openings..plus Horsepower TV added some Flowmasters to an '05 and got about 6HP...these are even more free flowing than that, so I'm sure I got a few more horsies.

dude cavalier isn't even in the mustang's league lol. even one that been hopped up a ton wouldn't do crap!!!

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: jndietz
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak
Originally posted by: Fmr12B
Shoulda bought a GTO

I like Borla!

No thanks, I didn't want everyone thinking I was driving a Cavalier.
That Cavalier would hand your ass to you, but anyway

Sounds better, but not great IMO. Was it a full cat back or just the mufflers? That might explain it; doing mufflers only is kinda pointless to me, but to each his own ;)

I'd love to race one of those GTO's/Cavaliers, but I never see one because no ones buying them around here. It was just mufflers...the factory pipes are 2.5" mandrel-bent, stainless steel - it wouldn't do much better to change them, Muscular Mustangs and Fast Fords did a test and got very little HP gain...seems like the factory did a good job already. I changed them mainly cause the tail pipes looked so cheap and too small for the bumper openings..plus Horsepower TV added some Flowmasters to an '05 and got about 6HP...these are even more free flowing than that, so I'm sure I got a few more horsies.

dude cavalier isn't even in the mustang's league lol. even one that been hopped up a ton wouldn't do crap!!!

i think cavalier refers to GTO's styling.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
And at the end of the race, you'll still look like your driving a Cavalier, that's my point.

TBone48

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2005
I think the people who don't hear a difference in exhaust sound need better speakers. It sounds pretty d@mn good to me!:thumbsup:

atiyeh

Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: JackBurton
And at the end of the race, you'll still look like your driving a Cavalier, that's my point.

Doesn't matter when you are in the victory circle.

ps op, sorry for turning this into a stang v gto thread.

smithdj

Feb 3, 2005
Since everyone else is trying to rain on your parade, congrats OP on the car and purchasing an exhaust that makes YOU happy. I think the new mustangs are really great looking, and from your clip, they sound good too. I think everyone here is just jealous that they do not have one.