New Element discovered - "Administratium"

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
A major research institution recently announced the discovery of the heaviest element yet
known to science. This new element has been tentatively named "Administratium."

Administratium has one neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 75 deputy neutrons and 111 assistant
deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312. These 312 particles are held together by a
force called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called
peons. Since Administratium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected as
it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.

A minute amount of Administratium causes one reaction to take over four days to complete
when it would normally take less than a second.

Administratium has a normal half-life of three years; it does not decay but instead undergoes
a reorganization, in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons and
assistant deputy neutrons exchange places. In fact, Administratium's mass actually increases
over time, since each reorganization causes some morons to become neutrons, forming
isodopes.

This moron-promoting characteristic has lead some scientists to speculate that Administratium
is formed whenever morons reach a certain quantity in concentration. This hypothetical
quantity is referred to as "Critical Morass."

You'll know it when you see it...

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
ROFLMAO!

At first I thought it was serious. :D

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Heh, it's nice to see that I'm not the only ATOT member that works for a huge corporate bureaucracy that spends more time arguing than getting work done :)

kgraeme

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
I work for the government. I'm embroiled in a brownian motion stew of Administratium.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: kgraeme
I work for the government. I'm embroiled in a brownian motion stew of Administratium.

A big, steaming, brown movement... :D

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Very funny. :D

Actually, that is a repost; I saw this before toward the end of this thread. BTW, that thread also has lots of other kewl AnandTech Elements listed on it.:cool:

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: jliechty
Very funny. :D

Actually, that is a repost; I saw this before toward the end of this thread. BTW, that thread also has lots of other kewl AnandTech Elements listed on it.:cool:
Even before seeing your post I was going to say this sounds like a wombatwoman post...

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
You forgot when the one neutron leaves its Administratium molecule to go play golf with other neutrons from their own respective Administratium molecules which then degenerates into Partyium molecule :D