New Dragon Age and ME2 teasers

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Dragon Age
ME2

Apparently these are short versions of stuff we'll get the full version of soon. ME2 looks impressive.

Update: ME2, longer version.

Update: 13 minute Gamespot preview of ME2. Lots of footage.

Update: Gameplay footage w/o commentary. Flying car convo scene from ME2. Looks really, really cool.

Interesting forum tidbit about this from a Biowarian:
You will see Liara in Mass Effect 2, and in fact that?s her in the beginning of the demo. It?s an example of the impact of ME1 choices, because for the Shepard in the demo, Liara was his love interest in ME1. For someone else that had a different love interest, there would be someone else in that position.
Also from ME2:
combat demo, and another (heavy weapons, note limited ammo) and another (locational damage on enemies, and fire effects)
aggressive negotiation

Dragon Age gameplay footage... Fighting a dragon.

And a DA E3 trailer that I'd missed.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
You know what I could really use... a game with about the same mixture of plot to action ratio as Baldurs Gate 2 set in the Jade Empire universe. Speaking of that, anyone know of any NWN1 or NWN2 modules that might do this for me?

That being said, rock on Bioware!

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
ok someone answer me this... wtf is all this "Shepard, I thought you were dead" shenanigans? I just finished up Mass Effect for my first playthrough, and I clearly live at the end of it. I haven't played the Bring Down the Sky downloadable content, so maybe that's where the "is he dead?" stuff comes from... is that right?

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
awww dammit - why couldn't they wait until ME2 was released so we could find out for ourselves that shepard wasn't dead...

OOO...love the music in Dragon Age video...

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: coloumb
awww dammit - why couldn't they wait until ME2 was released so we could find out for ourselves that shepard wasn't dead...

I was surprised by this as well. Why release a teaser that imples Shepard may be dead.. and then release another teaser stating he's alive?

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Originally posted by: TheVrolok

I was surprised by this as well. Why release a teaser that imples Shepard may be dead.. and then release another teaser stating he's alive?

Keep us all guessing.... :)

Oct 27, 2007

Yeah that was a pretty bone-headed move, but I guess it would be difficult for them to show off any more pre-release footage without revealing he's alive.

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer

Yeah that was a pretty bone-headed move, but I guess it would be difficult for them to show off any more pre-release footage without revealing he's alive.

Maybe Bioware has twisted the storyline so well that this is actually intended to throw you off?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
dragon age was surprisingly badass. infinitely better than the "new shit" trailer

Oct 27, 2007
Originally posted by: Kalmah

Maybe Bioware has twisted the storyline so well that this is actually intended to throw you off?

Oh I have no doubt that this is the case. No one does twisted stories like Bioware.

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
I wish Dragon age was out now :( ... delayed the pc release to get the xbox360 done and release them at the same time

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Dragon Age is the big game of 2009 I'm looking forward to. I hope it lives up to its hype.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001

Oh I have no doubt that this is the case. No one does twisted stories like Bioware.

Shoot, you know it could simply be a time thing, where the events related in the E3 trailer are a flashback or something.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
I thought Dragon Age looked kinda dumb a while back, but now I accept it for what it is. Some fantastical RPG that could be loads of fun.

I'm just waiting for the day of realistic and gritty RPGs come along.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001

Well, we have to remember this is a sci-fi, there could be a million scenarios where Shepard died and came back. Maybe the death was fake, maybe he is a clone, maybe he is some sort of technology where someone else is using his identity for some malicious reason, etc, etc, etc. So even though we might know he died and now he's back, it really doesn't say much on it's own.

(this is really just a tag so I can watch the dragon age trailer before I get back to SOZ!)

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
I dunno- Dragon Age just doesn't do it for me from what I've seen and read so far- I'll keep an eye on it though. After playing Mass Effect I am very much anticipating the sequel.

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
Originally posted by: skace

Well, we have to remember this is a sci-fi, there could be a million scenarios where Shepard died and came back. Maybe the death was fake, maybe he is a clone, maybe he is some sort of technology where someone else is using his identity for some malicious reason, etc, etc, etc. So even though we might know he died and now he's back, it really doesn't say much on it's own.

(this is really just a tag so I can watch the dragon age trailer before I get back to SOZ!)

Exactly my thoughts.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I was looking forward to DA but the recent trailers have turned me off significantly, with the retarded out-of-context rock music and gorey action. I hope those trailers were just made to bait the pre-teen x-box crowd...