New Core i7 Stepping "D0" set to launch?

Thor86

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
I hope these new steppings have better overall IMCs. With the current batch, it's luck of the draw, some do great memory OCs, and others (like mine), are pretty crappy. Don't get me wrong, 4Ghz quad-core is great.

RMSe17

Feb 20, 2005
You guys think it is worth the wait? I am looking to upgrade from my E6600 & 975 chipset mobo...

dmens

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2005
i can haz d0?

actually im using one right now. it's great. there's a funny fusing error so cpuid shows "9750".

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Idontcare
Originally posted by: aigomorla
In case anyone is interested, here's the source of all the internet rumors regarding i7 975:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/f...howthread.php?t=216495

its fugger's chip.

im trying to aquire a D0 975 right now also as we speak.

Who cares about D0 975 anyways? i7 is soooo 2008. Where's those 32nm westmere chips!?

working on this also.

but if i get one, i wont tell anyone about it. :X

u saw what happened when i posted this and yapped about it months ago.

http://i125.photobucket.com/al...aigomorla/nehaneha.jpg

magreen

Golden Member
Dec 27, 2006
Originally posted by: dmens
i can haz d0?

actually im using one right now. it's great. there's a funny fusing error so cpuid shows "9750".

does it help you read the forums faster?

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: magreen
i can haz d0?

It's winter, anything that can heat up the room a little more will make browsing the web faster :laugh:

Kinda serious, I miss my leg warmer when I get up and have to set my laptop down. It's cold here in PA!

Nov 26, 2005
Originally posted by: magreen
i can haz d0?

It's winter, anything that can heat up the room a little more will make browsing the web faster :laugh:

Kinda serious, I miss my leg warmer when I get up and have to set my laptop down. It's cold here in PA!

Try waking up and working outside in -7* weather!

ghost recon88

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2005
In case anyone is interested, here's the source of all the internet rumors regarding i7 975:

its fugger's chip.

Good luck man. I've also been trying as well and the 975 D0 FUGGER had was programmed by hand. I don't think they're letting as many 975 D0 ES chips slip into the wild as they did with the 965 C0s.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: BTRY B 529th FA BN

I don't think it could ever be overstated how much that must suck. I hope you love your job, otherwise it must be hell.

Originally posted by: ghost recon88

its fugger's chip.

Good luck man. I've also been trying as well and the 975 D0 FUGGER had was programmed by hand. I don't think they're letting as many 975 D0 ES chips slip into the wild as they did with the 965 C0s.

:laugh: yeah dmens only has two hands, how many D0's you think he can hand program a day?

On the other hand (that makes 3 now I believe) I wonder just how big the global market is for i7 975's. You think there's more than 1,000 buyers out there? I'd be surprised.

Jabbernyx

Feb 2, 2009
W or w/o windchill? I don't know what you do, but you must love your job :p

dmens

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2005
:laugh: yeah dmens only has two hands, how many D0's you think he can hand program a day?

On the other hand (that makes 3 now I believe) I wonder just how big the global market is for i7 975's. You think there's more than 1,000 buyers out there? I'd be surprised.

d0 is also the core used for DP server.

and yes the tubes move faster on the i7. kickass.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: ghost recon88

its fugger's chip.

yeah im hearing that.

But my sponsor has been really good with rare cpu's.

d0 is also the core used for DP server.

and yes the tubes move faster on the i7. kickass.

waiting to throw my unlocked B0's on a DP QPI overclockable board.

:D

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
What a bunch of spoiled brats!!!! (sticks his tongue out and then goes off and pouts)

Where do I get one...I need to go find my contact at 2cpu.com where I would get my ES chips...

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002

B0 hmmm? Well I guess we did manage to get the memory controller running at the right speed on that stepping. You can all thank me later.

Nov 26, 2005
Originally posted by: Jabbernyx
W or w/o windchill? I don't know what you do, but you must love your job :p

Get this. I climb tree's and clear powerlines for First Energy (electric company) through Asplundh Tree Expert. You don't realize it but 20+ feet above the ground the wind is blowin a little harder; and its a harsher wind chill but 20 feet off the ground is just ladder work, imagine sometimes doing 90' climbs to pull overhang over those 13.2kv or 33k lines. We are the guys that go down to Florida or where-ever there is storm-damage and help the people get their power on and powerlines back up from broken-over tree limbs and tree's etc. It truly is an adventure and you really get to know people on a personal level more than just your average friends. it is 10x more dangerous than what you've seen on the TV show Ax Men. The part I don't like is all the smoke and dust and some of the tree pollen causes Anaphylaxis which over the past 15yrs has caused a weakness with my heart from my lungs and esophagus closing up from the allergic reactions. I've imagine its similar to people who are allergic to bee stings. But, a tree dog can always spot a lifer and that's what they said about me some 14yrs ago. But when its cold we never get a break. I thought the one day when it was 20 below that we were told to come back Monday for the temperature reason but apparently somebody seriously got hurt and they wanted to shut down for a safety stand-down :roll:

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005

dmens

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2005
Originally posted by: TuxDave

B0 hmmm? Well I guess we did manage to get the memory controller running at the right speed on that stepping. You can all thank me later.

as i recall, neither of us got any thanks at the last big meeting. :disgust:

TankGuys

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
ETA is mid/late March. It's not a major update, ala the G0 Q6600s, but not a whole lot else is known for sure, since there aren't many out in the wild to test.