• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

New contacts.. O2Optix

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Just got off Acuvue2's.. had to use them because my left eye has an astigmatism but the doctor just gave me these new O2Optix which are supposed to allow your eyes to breath much more.

Anyone use these? How do you like them so far?

My first impressions, other than better sight due to stronger script, are good, it really feels like I'm wearing nothing at all.

Apr 16, 2003
Yes - had them for about 4 months now. I used to wear 1 day acuvues - these are just as comfortable with the added benefit of only changing them every 2 weeks or so. (My vision plan allows me to get enough lenses to change them as frequently as every week so I tend to change them more often than recommended)
One thing I did notice is that when the lenses get older my eyes get drier at night so this is one of the reasons I change them more often.

Make sure to get some good eye drops. I use Blinx which I really like.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
My left eye is fully adjusted now but for some reason my right eye takes like 2 seconds for stuff to focus.. never had that problem before.

ASK THE COMMUNITY