new computer, ide controller card issues

csmaster2005

Nov 13, 2005
I built my computer last week, and was finally getting around to plugging in some older hd's, and am having an issue with the controller card.
I was using the same setup on my old desktop.

Anyways, my mobo only has 1 ide slot, so I need to use the controller card.

When I plug a hd into it, on boot it says 'ultra 100at no drives found' then it goes to try to boot windows vista. sometimes it'll freeze on booting it up, sometimes it will boot in but no drives showing.

When I take the same drive, and plug it directly into my mobo (i take the ide cable from cd-rom drive and use it for hd) it works fine.

Is there some sort of driver for bios i'm missing or something of that nature?
My mobo is a gigabyte ds3r

thanks

csmaster2005

Nov 13, 2005
anyone?
Also, it actually says

"Ultra 100tx2 is not installed because no drives found"

Another note. I connected just a cd-rom to it, and it still doesnt work. Yet it WILL detect the cd-rom AND the hard-drives in the boot screens...

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
1) i checked the specs of that promise card and it does not support atapi(cdrom drives) that could be why its not detecting the cdrom, the ultra133 did and newer
2) check the cable, i know it sounds stupid but i have done it myself where i put the cable on backwards -> pin one the wrong way
3) what brand of hard drive, if it is a western digital they have a special jumper setting if it is by itself, or check the master/slave settings on the other drives and try it on master