New Claussen 'Hot & Spicy' Pickle Spears

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Me thinks you don't really know what hot is

Oh, you're in Ohio:D:D:D

tumblr_lxeyx2ZObn1qeh8ms.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Tony-Packos-Sw...ews/B0002DOEWA

Lounatik

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Of all the hot pickles I've tried, Gus's hot pickle chips are the best. And the most awesome part about it is you get them in the cold case at Wal Mart.

Peace

Lounatik

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Of all the hot pickles I've tried, Gus's hot pickle chips are the best. And the most awesome part about it is you get them in the cold case at Wal Mart.

Peace

Lounatik

I've had a bunch of spicy pickles, have to try them. Some are WAY to hot, and I love hot food. Still for me, it's Tony Packo's pickles & peppers I listed earlier.

How hot are those? Burn your tongue jalepeno, or nice heat from bananna peppers?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
If you can handle the heat you won't be disappointed;)

Sweet and NOT hot...

They are the only pickles I will ever buy again, they have some little ones they call snappy dills that are pretty darn good too.

Those are the sweet hots, they're not hot. The originals from Packo's pickles n peppers are just hot enough. Think banana pepper/garlic hot, enough heat to just keep munching on them.

I love hot spicy food, but for me now it's all about the flavor and not just pure heat.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Not sure but Best Maid just came out with some that are smokin' hot...
19875_label.jpg

Not sure how far their market extends outside of Texas but these things are awesome

Well guess you can just order them online directly
http://www.bestmaidproducts.com/shop/products.php?categoryID=92&main_category_name=Pickles%20and%20Relish

I was looking at the pickles today at walmart. they had these..so i picked up a bottle ($2.25 a jar).

whoaa! they are hot and yummy. not at crisp as i like pickels but damn hot.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
The Claussen hot&spicy are actually quite good in tuna salad. By itself it's a bit on the warm side :)