Question New case suggestions?

Steelbom

Sep 1, 2009
Hi everyone,

I currently have the SilverStone FT05BW and I'm wanting to get a new case.

Info:
  • I will not be watercooling.
  • Single GPU only
  • RGB lighting is neither a plus nor a con for me.
  • Quietness is important
  • Don't really care about a window, but if forgoing one improves quietness I'm all for it
  • I like to have fewer big fans (but am open to cases with smaller ones)
  • Case is for current hardware (as seen in sig) however plan to upgrade GPU and CPU in the future
  • I appreciate lots of space for easy adding / removing of parts.
  • I like vertical orientation but also open to traditional.
  • I'm in Australia and will be purchasing either from pccasegear.com.au or umart.com.au
  • Max budget is ~$265 USD.

One thing I absolutely HATE about the FT05 is how little room there is inside to add / remove components... and there's no cable routing really. But it is pretty quiet - I run my NHD15 at ~500 RPM and the AP181's at ~700 RPM and the noise is not very noticeable whilst giving good temps.

I like the look of the Cooler Master MasterCase SL600M and was considering buying it but I just finished reading a few reviews and some of them mentioned the thermal performance with the GPU in the standard position was not great (for the CPU in particular).

Another brand I've heard of and like the look of is BeQuiet, however it seems they lean more towards having lots of small 120 or 140mm fans. I don't actually know if that ends up being louder than having a few larger fans, as I've never had a case with small fans -- so would appreciate any input on this.

I also think BeQuiet is geared towards, well... being quiet. Doesn't have to be silent, but quiet is good.

The Thermaltake Level 20 GT RGB Plus Full Tower is also one that caught my eye.

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions, advice or input. If you own one of these cases, I would be glad to hear your thoughts on it.

Last edited:

Furious_Styles

Jan 17, 2019
I hear you on the space and I'd say you're on the right track with a full tower. Check out some of the Enthoo cases.

Steeglez

Apr 26, 2019
I think that you might like the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X. It looks fairly nice and will have a good amount of space for cable management and for removing parts. Now it only has support for 120 mm and 140 mm fans so I don't know how much of a problem that will be for you. But it's only a mid tower so that might change your mind on this case. And it is only $120 US (I'm not sure what the conversion is) But the only thing is I couldn't find it on umart.com.au and for some reason (It's probably because I live in the US) I can't get on pcgearcase.com.au Anyway here it is on Phankteks website just to look at it http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-X.html.

Last edited:

kurosaki

Feb 7, 2019
No, screw the other suggestions. Go with In Win 909! :) (I have it and it's quite nice...)

Steelbom

Sep 1, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll check them out.

While I don’t have one this seems to be what you are looking for and the price appears very good. This may be the older model lacking usb c but there is a panel you can buy to add it costs about $20USD
Large and customizable layout, linking the White because of the price. Other colors are availible

https://www.umart.com.au/Fractal-Design-Define-R6-White-Solid-Panel_44195G.html

**140mm fans aren’t that small**
That does look pretty good actually, thanks!
I think that you might like the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X. It looks fairly nice and will have a good amount of space for cable management and for removing parts. Now it only has support for 120 mm and 140 mm fans so I don't know how much of a problem that will be for you. But it's only a mid tower so that might change your mind on this case. And it is only $120 US (I'm not sure what the conversion is) But the only thing is I couldn't find it on umart.com.au and for some reason (It's probably because I live in the US) I can't get on pcgearcase.com.au Anyway here it is on Phankteks website just to look at it http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-X.html.
I'll check it out, thanks. Whoops I must've been out of it when I wrote my post... it's actually pccasegear.com.au.