New Case reccomendation

WackyWRZ

Mar 8, 2014
Hey everyone - I am thinking about changing out my case (unless you guys talk me out of it) and am sort of lost on what to look at.

Current case is a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic which I love - but I think I am having some trouble with ventilation. I've got the 360 RAD up front as intake, 1x 140mm exhaust rear and 2x 140mm exhaust top. When I do long gaming stints the VRMs, PCH, and other ambient board temp sensors get very warm (60-70C+) according to the MB sensors which I attribute to the front rad being the only intake and blowing all that hot air in. CPU and GPU temps are very good though - obviously because they are pulling straight fresh air.

What I would like to do is find a good case that I can mount the rad on top exhausting that won't cause me clearance issues on the MB. The rad is a 60mm thick and I don't need push+pull. I also need space for the balance 250 reservoir and pump. I don't need any 5.25 bays - but if the case had one I would throw an optical and I'd need space for 2x 2.5" drives. I've tried mounting the 360 in the top of my current case but it just doesn't fit right, the rad barely fits in the front and tubing routing is a pain.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations on a case or what to do with the current rig. I'd prefer it to be a tower (not cube) and around $200ish would be ideal (I could budge for the "perfect" case)! I know a CL case would do it but would break the bank!

Last edited: