New Card (Games recommendations?!)

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
Ok, so I'm picking up an R9 290 hopefully today if I'm lucky.
If not, I'll still need to play some new games though.

I just beat bioshock 2. You guys may not think it's a scary game, but nothing scary/dark/creepy. I don't like the survivor horror genre and it seems we keep going further and further down that route.

Looking for a fun game action/adventure game with great graphics that my HD7950 can handle at 1440p or the R9 290 can handle at 1800p.

I have played like 15 games tops in the last 10 years or so so pretty much the vast majority of titles are available to recommend.

Games I recently played and enjoyed:
Bioshock 1
Bioshock 2
Tomb Raider

So as you can see, haven't played much and still wanting to play some older games for a bit lol. Just wanna see the recommendations as the only games I'm familiar with are usually the most popular games being benched at the time.

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
BioShock Infinite seems a logical choice for a next game to play.

Not an action/adventure game and won't stress your R9 290, but a good game (game series) is Mass Effect.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I enjoyed Watch Dogs and I'm currently playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, two games which came out a year ago and 3 years ago, respectively, that I marked to play later. Watch Dogs especially I wanted to wait to play since there were a lot of bugs reported early on... and I'm glad I waited. Didn't experience any bugs at all from start to end of the game.

I'm about 10 hours into Deus Ex and I'm happy it's pretty faithful to the original Deus Ex formula thus far. The graphics aren't as good as a newer game like Watch Dogs or GTA V (which I might get in a few months, though I never really play GTA games for very long), but that's to be expected since it's already a few years old now.

I also recommend BioShock: Infinite if you haven't played it yet, since you like BioShock. I enjoyed it more than the first BioShock (haven't played 2, though). Addicting gameplay... it really draws you in right from the beginning (like all the other "Shock" games) and the story is excellent, though I was annoyed by the last battle on toughest difficulty. You really have to pay attention to what vigors you get, because it's not apparent early on that your choices in that regard can really affect how easy/tough it is at the end. At least that's one thing I noted.

I also got Borderlands 1 and 2 recently in sales. Fun games, but I haven't beaten either yet. They get a little repetitive and boring sometimes so I've been playing them only on occasion. I wasn't a huge fan of cel shading before playing the games (one reason I hadn't played them earlier), but I love the range of weapons and it's a good open world game with co-op campaign, which few games do anymore. I'm a huge fan of Fallout 3 (and the Elder Scrolls games from Morrowind up to Skyrim, which are also from Bethesda) and New Vegas, but I've played them so much that I really needed so new open-world, single player games to play, and the Borderlands series fit the bill. I'll probably only get the prequel game in a year or two.

Last edited:

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dishonored
the witcher games
Bioshock infinite
Mass effect series

Just off the top of my head,not necessarily in that order though.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Witcher 3
Shadows of Morodor... (surprisingly was a lot of fun.)
GTA5
Dying Light was quite humorous on Coop.

MeldarthX

Golden Member
May 8, 2010
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun Returns: DragonFall *seriously rpg of the year for 2014 fixed all small issues with SR - and writing is superb*
Wasteland 2
Pillars of Eternity
Dying Light
Witcher 3
If you're into MMOs - Elder Scrolls Online - really has shaped up into something really nice
Secret World - very different from normal MMOs; storylines excellent - specially if you love supernature line; Poe; HP Lovecraft line of writings.

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare - really actually a fun game; pretty mindless fps - but before you know it you've spent an hour killing plants and zombies :D