New Car Advice

faziwazi

Jul 7, 2003
Ok...here's the scenario. My parents want to buy a car, but dont want to spend no more than 20k. The want a 4- Door Sedan with a some amenities. Pwr Windows/Locks, Automatic Transmision, CD/Tape Player, Cruise Control, A/C and some ohter cheap things. They also want reliability and dependibility, as previous Ford and Pontiac purchasers, they want something that will last after 100k miles. Now, I will be driving this car occasionally until I leave for college. So I want this car to look nice and a fun to drive sedan. Power doesnt matter, but like a nice roar would be nice.... So I am looking at either the Honda Accord EX I-4 or the Toyota Camry LE I-4, or possibly the Nissan Altima 2.5S. Any suggestions?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Those are the exact 3 cars I'd have suggested. From YOUR point of view the altima is the fastest of the bunch, so push for it in that sense, but the toyota and accord will offer better reliability. Tell them to test drive all three; you really can't go wrong with either.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Also if your parents don't care either way push for a manual. If you can't drive one learn, it's a useful skill and will give more oomf to those 4 cylinders.

faziwazi

Jul 7, 2003
My parents have had manual cars in the past and have grew quicklly out of them. They hate them as a daily driver. Id love to drive a manual, but there is no way of that happening. Thanks for the input Skoorb

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Those are the exact 3 cars I'd have suggested. From YOUR point of view the altima is the fastest of the bunch, so push for it in that sense, but the toyota and accord will offer better reliability. Tell them to test drive all three; you really can't go wrong with either.

I agree 100%.

Right now most car manufacturer's are having an end of year clearance where "old" 2003 models are being sold close to invoice.

You can easily get any of those cars for barely under $20k. I'd go for the Toyota Camry or Honda Accord, depends on what they like.

Have them test drive all 3.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
I go Chevy Impala with the 3.8L motor. Very strong and great in the reliability and dependibility department. Also with the 0.0% and/or money off, they get a great car with a pile of options, V6, automatic trans, and fits their budget.

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Either of those cars will fit the bill perfectly.

You won't be getting a "nice roar" though. lmao

pinoy

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2000
another vote for camry or accord!:beer:

yeah, its not the cheapest car in its class, but can count on dependability and reliability.

faziwazi

Jul 7, 2003
How quick are the I4 Camrys, my parents are pretty set on that. Im not looking at a fast car, but something thats quick. Like 0-60 in under 8 seconds. I'd be happy, so I can burn all these Civic LX's with their exhaust and what not. Thanks guys, you guys are really helpful!