New Cadillac STS (Seville replacement), pic

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fastz28

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2001
Originally posted by: CTrain
I guess there is a 4th person that likes the CTS.
Cadillac has a very unique styling like the Jaguar has its own styling.
It grows on you.

#5 here. :D

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: KnightBreed
Originally posted by: vi_edit
I like it. But then I'm like one of 3 people in this forum that likes the CTS. :p
I'm the second of the three.:)

I'm #3 I guess. It grew on me. But the STS looks worse.

Number #6 checking in. I like the CTS because it doesn't look like another copy of MB, like all the Japanese luxo cars do.

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
any word on what Caddy is going to pull out of it's hat for the -V version of the new STS?

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
Originally posted by: TheAudit
I hated the CTS at first but I don't think it's that bad now (better than the BMW 7 series at any
rate) and I really like the CTS-V model.

Blasphemy....pure blasphemy....

I dont know why everyones ragging on the new BMW looks, good lord people you cant continue on with the SAME look for multiple decades.
I love all their new designs, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 series....

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
Originally posted by: phatcow
Its all about unified styling, right? So i wouldnt be suprized when all caddys will have that signature front.
look at nissan

Yeah look at a new Maxima....then a new Altima....then a Murano....then a 350Z.

Not exactly similar....the closest you get is the grills on the murano and new max, but definitely not the whole front.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Looks kinda boring if you ask me...take off the Caddy badge on the front and I'd almost say it was a Chevy Lumina or Monte Carlo or something similarly shtupid. Yes it bears significant resemblance to the CTS...but instead of making the CTS style pretty they made the CTS style boring on this car.

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
STS looks a lot better than the CTS IMO... it'd look nicer if it was a little wider and a little lower.

the newer BMWs don't look crap... the 6 series is sexy.

ragiepew

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
#7... i've always liked the CTS design, although the STS looks a bit more subdeued (sp?) than the CTS (probably on purpose).