New Bush speech 4/29

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Most of what was suggested, drilling in Alaska, building new refineries, will help.

In 10 Years !

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Originally posted by: apoppin
Isn't Bush the same ass that said "the buck stops here"

Buck the liar out of office. He is responsible for a failed war of aggression that is bankrupting America and he LIED to get us into it

by contrast, Clinton's lie was ultimate truth
rose.gif

This insane messiah-emperor is nude and has a shriveled up pee-pee and no balls, like the fictional Mr Burns

what is wrong with Palosi, why wont congress take the LIARS on
Cheny and Bush have to be impeached if we are ever going to be respected in the World again!

that'll send a message

This thread is about oil and energy not the Iraq war asshat. Stay on track kiddo.

I guess Mr. President should have had the foresight of knowing that a false war in a region rich with oil could have an effect on oil & energy prices.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: cliftonite
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Originally posted by: apoppin
Isn't Bush the same ass that said "the buck stops here"

Buck the liar out of office. He is responsible for a failed war of aggression that is bankrupting America and he LIED to get us into it

by contrast, Clinton's lie was ultimate truth
rose.gif

This insane messiah-emperor is nude and has a shriveled up pee-pee and no balls, like the fictional Mr Burns

what is wrong with Palosi, why wont congress take the LIARS on
Cheny and Bush have to be impeached if we are ever going to be respected in the World again!

that'll send a message

This thread is about oil and energy not the Iraq war asshat. Stay on track kiddo.

I guess Mr. President should have had the foresight of knowing that a false war in a region rich with oil could have an effect on oil & energy prices.

Wow. Another parrot of the left. What a suprise. The occupation of Iraq is a factor, but certainly not the reason. Read up a little.

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Doc Savage Fan
So...tell me...what's Congress doing to fix the problem? Harry Reid wants Bush to ask the oil companies to "voluntarily" reduce their profits...that's one hell of a solution. No mention of a moratorium on Federal fuel taxes...something that's actually within his control to draft legislation.

Reid criticized Bush for his miserable performance of missed opportunities to really lead the nation...sounds like a great opportunity for our Democratically-controlled Congress to show us their leadership abilities...personally...I'm waiting for solutions instead of this incessant bitching.

Nancy Pelosi says Bush has taken too long to come up with economic solutions...OK then...let's see what Congress has to offer...oh wait...their solution is to ask the oil companies to "voluntarily" cut their profits. Yeah...that's it...that's the ticket.

Another Democrat solution is for the President to lower gas prices by halting deposits to the Strategic Petroleum Reserve...another rocket scientist idea from the party of change. So...what happens when the reserve is depleted and things get worse? I'm sure they'd find some way to blame Bush or the oil companies...one thing you could count on...they would never take personal responsibility for such a stupid idea if it went badly...you can take that to the bank.

Congress says it's hands are tied because of a "threat" of veto...this is total horseshit...and if you're buying into this as a legitimate excuse for Congressional inaction...then you're a complete fool.

Then...to put icing on the cake...you have 10 posts above blaming Bush without any mention of Congressional responsibility to solve problems. This is an opportunity to show what Democrats can do...instead...the only thing you see them doing (and quite well at that) is to dog pile on Bush and point fingers at everyone except themselves, suggest stupid solutions (but none that they would actually try to actively legislate) and otherwise do nothing meaningful.

So...this is the party of change...give me a break.

Well said. This democrat run majority is an absolute joke. Blaming Bush while refusing to even consider that they're part of the problem is a Liberal tenet.