New Bush Fear Ads One Uses Wolf Image To Show America Will Be Attacked Under Kerry, 2nd says We Will Be At Risk 10-23-04

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: cwjerome
I'll tell you what, I just saw Bush's new 9/11 ad, and it may be the most effective political ad I've ever seen.. Kerry's 9/11 ad is a basic attack ad like any other, but wow... Bush hits a huge emotional chord with the "9/11 daughter" spot. Holy crap, I would run those ads and only those ads in the swing states 24/7... it's political propaganda at its finest.

Effective, maybe, but "effective" is not necessarily a good thing. Here's a link to one of the most "effective" propoganda films of all time

I know, Godwins Law. Just pointing out that the Truth is more important than the "Effectiveness".

edit: link updated.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
The GWB administration have cried wolf too many times.
Come Nov. 2, the American people will reject the politics of fear and smear and vote for hope and a fresh start. Kerry/Edwards 2004.
Republicans crying wolf

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: TBone77

Fixed.

Do you guys think these new posters are cloned crimsonses or that there is just new interest in P&N around this time of year?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
:D I love that old bear ad!:D This one is great too.

It's great to see it got such a rise out of the leftists though - it must have hit home if they are squirming like this.:D

Best ad yet this season IMO. Should be a classic as a sequel to the bear ad.

...if there was a bear. :D HAHAHA...oh boy did they hate that one.:p

CsG

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

It's great to see it got such a rise out of the leftists though - it must have hit home if they are squirming like this.:D

CsG

csg, don't you think it's a dishonest ad? It isn't backed up by reality... How can you support an outright lie like that?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Infohawk

CsG

csg, don't you think it's a dishonest ad? It isn't backed up by reality... How can you support an outright lie like that?

I think it's a great ad. It is based in reality - look at how the left is trying to retreat into the usual carteristic nonsense. Weakness invites attack - or is that a concept you think is "reality" and an "outright lie"?

...if there is a bear... :D

CsG

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002

CsG

I think it's a great ad. It is based in reality - look at how the left is trying to retreat into the usual carteristic nonsense. Weakness invites attack - or is that a concept you think is "reality" and an "outright lie"?

CsG

Weakness invites attack - or is that a concept you think is "reality" and an "outright lie"?

Whether or not it's true there's no evidence Kerry is weaker. If anything, we've had a lot more problems under GWB. For example, our alliances our weaker now. So it seems dishonest for Bush to use this since he is really the weaker candidate. After all, Kerry is for a "stronger America.' ;)

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

CsG

CsG

Bush was in office on September 11, 2001.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Engineer

CsG

CsG

Bush was in office on September 11, 2001.

And? Was America not weak to those attacks because of the structure of our intel agencies? We are stronger today for the changes that have been made.

CsG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
They should have done a take-off of that old Duran Duran video "Hungry Like the Wolf." The Dub could be hiding in the foliage with warpaint on. Awesome ...

;) :p

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
They should have done a take-off of that old Duran Duran video "Hungry Like the Wolf." The Dub could be hiding in the foliage with warpaint on. Awesome ...

No way - CONDI! :D

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
The audience of Crossfire was laughing at this ad. Begala said the wolves looked like puppies. The puppies are coming! The puppies are coming!

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
And? Was America not weak to those attacks because of the structure of our intel agencies? We are stronger today for the changes that have been made.

CsG
What changes are those exactly? Having to show a boarding pass 3 times within a 20' span at an airport?

Wow. I feel so safe.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

No way - CONDI! :D
Yeah, totally -- you called it. Condi in a torn-up two piece with warpaint and her hair all freaked out; She's lurking in the foliage, waiting to pounce while the Dub races through the jungle in an all-white suit.

:music:

Boots on the ground
I?m on the hunt, I?m after Kerry
Liberals all around, pacifistic and proud
And I?m hungry like the wolf
Don't straddle the line, gotta choose a side
I?m on the hunt I?m after you
Don't gimme no jive, Kerry's barely alive
And I?m hungry like the wolf

:music:

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Tabb
Im sure AQ really cares which president is in office... :roll:

they wish Bush werent. thats for sure.

Vladimir even agrees with that (Putin that is)

Sketcher

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
Kerry campaign aired/is airing an ad of President Bush's voice being played from a record player echoing in an empty warehouse. Whether or not I agree with the 'spin' or content of the ad it's an effective and compelling clip. They've done a good job with it.

The Bush Campaign "WOLF" ad was made six months ago. It among others was shown to a focus group (from varying demographics) and it fired on all cylinders. It's been saved until now in the estimation that it should be aired when it would be most effective to the campaign.

Both parties are going to use the tools that best serve their interests. Since the availability of television as a campaign tool all interested parties have created media which serves their interests whether it be factual or not. When Kennedy and Nixon debated, those who saw the TV broadcast insisted that Kennedy won because he 'looked' better (Nixon appeared unhealthy in comparison). Those who listened to the debate on radio swore Nixon won the debate; the argument is that they heard and paid attention to the topics and content of discussion more so than the TV viewers and weren't influenced by visual impression.

You guys who are whining about the "Wolf" ad being fear mongering, dirty tactics etc., are pathetic and naive. Your own parties' ads can be discredited with the same lame accusations that you level against the bush crowd. Change the voice, change the rhetoric to anti-bush and roll it against that same film footage and we'd hear you desperate Democrats lauding the marketing genius of the next generation in campaign film editing.

You don't see the hypocrisy? How about when the Kerry spokespeople cried to the nation when Team Bush started airing personal attacks and negative ads? They were pretty big about pointing the finger at the hate mongers and acting like they were being victimized. Voila! Suddenly Kerry & Co. had a shelf full of media to run against Bush. "Hey, we only did it because they did it..." never mind the fact that the negative ads now being rushed to outlet were made long before the campaign even started. Both sides do it. Only naive and ignorant piss ant mops trot out the indignant flag and wave it like they stand for something. Sit back down, you're teetering.

I've seen a few Kerry Campaign ads which I think they've done an exceptional job with even if I don't agree with the viewpoint. But it seems that the hypocrisy from the anybody_But_Bush gallery in this forum can't even acknowledge when an opponent places a good media clip. I don't know if that speaks to immaturity, ignorance or denial.

Quit the whining. Dem's are for saving the wolves. Wolves devour the weak. The Republican's are doing an excellent job of filming the Democrats being eaten.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: conjur
The audience of Crossfire was laughing at this ad. Begala said the wolves looked like puppies. The puppies are coming! The puppies are coming!
My son is home from school this weekend. That was his reaction too when the ad came on last night. "Awww. Look at the cuuuute puppies!." We cracked up.

Poor little Georgie, 'fraid of a few puppies. Does Dick tuck him in at night?

Edit: Oh! Oh! I just figured it out. Wolves come from Canada, right? I'll bet those wolves are carrying those killer Canadian drugs Bush blathered about in the second debate. That's why he's afraid. The puppies are Canadian terrierists, armed with Weapons of Mass Prescription!

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
I'm disheartened by campaign ads in general, regardless of party affiliation.

To get back to the specific wolves ad, the wolfpacksfortruth site links to a slate article that attempts to put the ad in context.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund Reacts to Bush-Cheney Political Campaign Ad 'Wolves'
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041022/dcf047_1.html
WASHINGTON, Oct. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Today the Bush-Cheney campaign released a political ad, "Wolves" in which the endangered species' image is used to portray fear. Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund President Rodger Schlickeisen offered the following statement:

"The Bush-Cheney campaign's most recent bizarre political commercial, 'Wolves,' misuses the imagery of wolves to try to instill fear in the voting public.

How ironic for George Bush, who has been the most anti-wildlife president ever, to turn to the very symbol of endangered wildlife in America -- the wolf -- for assistance in perpetuating his administration. Wolf recovery in parts of America, no thanks to this administration, represents one of the great success stories of wildlife conservation in this country. This is the last day of Wolf Awareness Week, and a chief purpose is to help educate the public that the myths about wolves being threats to humans, are just that, myths. But the Bush campaign is using that fictitious stereotype in a manner that instills false fear.

President Bush's Department of the Interior is proposing to remove endangered species protections that the wolf needs to continue to survive. In fact there are lawsuits pending against the Bush Interior Department that challenge their anti-wolf actions across the country. Also, even though petitioned to do so, the Bush Interior Department refuses to use the Federal Airborne Hunting Act to stop the outrageous and unethical shooting of wolves from airplanes in Alaska. Right now there is a proposal in Alaska to expand aerial wolf killing to include an additional 50,000 square miles of land.

Wolves have suffered from unjust persecution for centuries, but the real 'wolf at their door' right now, is the Bush presidential campaign which threatens four more years of anti-wildlife policies.

Finally, it is worth pointing out that a wolf is a fierce defender of its homeland and it has learned that when it attacks, it needs to work with others to maximize its chance of success."

:thumbsup::D