New Bush Fear Ads One Uses Wolf Image To Show America Will Be Attacked Under Kerry, 2nd says We Will Be At Risk 10-23-04

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Originally posted by: conjur
The audience of Crossfire was laughing at this ad. Begala said the wolves looked like puppies. The puppies are coming! The puppies are coming!
My son is home from school this weekend. That was his reaction too when the ad came on last night. "Awww. Look at the cuuuute puppies!." We cracked up.

Poor little Georgie, 'fraid of a few puppies. Does Dick tuck him in at night?

Edit: Oh! Oh! I just figured it out. Wolves come from Canada, right? I'll bet those wolves are carrying those killer Canadian drugs Bush blathered about in the second debate. That's why he's afraid. The puppies are Canadian terrierists, armed with Weapons of Mass Prescription!

:laugh:

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: Engineer
Originally posted by: Infohawk
:D I love that old bear ad!:D This one is great too.

It's great to see it got such a rise out of the leftists though - it must have hit home if they are squirming like this.:D

Best ad yet this season IMO. Should be a classic as a sequel to the bear ad.

...if there was a bear. :D HAHAHA...oh boy did they hate that one.:p

CsG

csg, don't you think it's a dishonest ad? It isn't backed up by reality... How can you support an outright lie like that?

I think it's a great ad. It is based in reality - look at how the left is trying to retreat into the usual carteristic nonsense. Weakness invites attack - or is that a concept you think is "reality" and an "outright lie"?

...if there is a bear... :D

CsG

Bush was in office on September 11, 2001.

And? Was America not weak to those attacks because of the structure of our intel agencies? We are stronger today for the changes that have been made.

CsG

Well if weakness invites attack then we were weak during 911 because Bush was in office according to you and your commercial's logic.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Engineer
:D I love that old bear ad!:D This one is great too.

It's great to see it got such a rise out of the leftists though - it must have hit home if they are squirming like this.:D

Best ad yet this season IMO. Should be a classic as a sequel to the bear ad.

...if there was a bear. :D HAHAHA...oh boy did they hate that one.:p

CsG

csg, don't you think it's a dishonest ad? It isn't backed up by reality... How can you support an outright lie like that?

I think it's a great ad. It is based in reality - look at how the left is trying to retreat into the usual carteristic nonsense. Weakness invites attack - or is that a concept you think is "reality" and an "outright lie"?

...if there is a bear... :D

CsG

Bush was in office on September 11, 2001.

And? Was America not weak to those attacks because of the structure of our intel agencies? We are stronger today for the changes that have been made.

CsG

Well if weakness invites attack then we were weak during 911 because Bush was in office according to you and your commercial's logic.

You oviously didn't read my whole post. We were weak why? We have and are continuing to address those weaknesses exploited by those who spent years planning 9/11. Hopefully people won't forget how things like that happened and try to weaken our tools back to a pre 9/11 state.

That wolf apoligist piece conjur posted is hilarious. "Wolves have suffered from unjust persecution for centuries" :D HAHAHA Damn "the man" for his persecution of wolves.:p

CsG

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
What is so funny about wolves being persecuted for centuries? It's true... What is funny about god's creations being destroyed and removed from the earth?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
What is so funny about wolves being persecuted for centuries? It's true... What is funny about god's creations being destroyed and removed from the earth?

Wolves being persecuted? I might agree that they have been given a bad reputation - but "persecution"? Puhleeze. These groups would have a better chance of gaining the support they "need" if they weren't so outrageous in their statements and positions. I'm an animal lover and nature lover but for someone to claim "persecution" is way over the top and makes me laugh.

CsG

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002

Wolves being persecuted? I might agree that they have been given a bad reputation - but "persecution"? Puhleeze. These groups would have a better chance of gaining the support they "need" if they weren't so outrageous in their statements and positions. I'm an animal lover and nature lover but for someone to claim "persecution" is way over the top and makes me laugh.

CsG

persecute: to harass in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflic...

Not sure what the problem is. They've been pushed to near extinction in certain places. You don't seem to take that too seriously. And Bush is making the problem worse by associating them with terrorists.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CsG

persecute: to harass in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflic...

Not sure what the problem is. They've been pushed to near extinction in certain places. You don't seem to take that too seriously. And Bush is making the problem worse by associating them with terrorists.

Sure info - whatever you say. I suppose the ostrich is persecuted too since the dems used them in an ad. How about a field mouse? I suppose the bear coalition was pissed at Reagan's ad.
Like I said- it's statements like "Wolves have suffered from unjust persecution for centuries" that nature groups aren't mainstream and can't get the help they "need". If they would be a tad more realistic - then they might have a better chance at people listening to them and taking them seriously.

CsG

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Kerry could run an ad with the scene from "Dances With Wolves" with Kevin Costner actually playing with the wolf. :)

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Sure info - whatever you say. I suppose the ostrich is persecuted too since the dems used them in an ad. How about a field mouse? I suppose the bear coalition was pissed at Reagan's ad.
Like I said- it's statements like "Wolves have suffered from unjust persecution for centuries" that nature groups aren't mainstream and can't get the help they "need". If they would be a tad more realistic - then they might have a better chance at people listening to them and taking them seriously.

CsG

That's how I feel about your claim to be an animal lover. :roll:

Ostriches haven't traditionally been seen as evil in western civilization, same with field mice. Yeah the bear coalition probably was mad-- and maybe rightly so. Wolves have been seen as evil and apparently people still do (thanks Bush). When you're trying to prevent people from hunting and baiting endangered species, painting them as terrorists is not exactly the cool thing to do.

First of all most people support environmental causes and second you're making an appeal to popularity so it's irrelevant what people think of nature groups.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
That wolf apoligist piece conjur posted is hilarious. "Wolves have suffered from unjust persecution for centuries" :D HAHAHA Damn "the man" for his persecution of wolves.:p

CsG
Wolf Hater!

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

CsG
Wolf Hater!

I'm an animal lover and nature lover but
But I'm really not when it gets right to it.

sonoma1993

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
did bush make a deal with the terriost, that if kerry wins the elections they can attack the country?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

CsG
Wolf Hater!

No, I don't hate the wolves - only Garnett.:D

But along the lines of info's wrong assumptions - I have worked in the field with those who track Wolves. I also spent many a saturday counting cranes and other such wildlife. But hey, info knows me better than I do.:p I suppose most evil Conservative animal haters like me willingly chose to spend their time doing such things.
Granted - I haven't done anything along those lines since my younger years. Nothing better than to hike a couple miles into the forest and watch the wildlife.:) Some might find it dull, but I liked doing it when I got the chance.

Anyway -back to the great political ad.:D

CsG

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002

Uh-huh, given your other views, I think if we got down to which laws you did and didn't support you'd show yourself to be a real environmentalist csg.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Uh-huh, given your other views, I think if we got down to which laws you did and didn't support you'd show yourself to be a real environmentalist csg.

So, given your other views - I think if we got right down to it - you'd show yourself to be a real NAMBLA supporter. :roll:

Want to continue trading unfounded accusations?

CsG

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
Originally posted by: judasmachine
So Kerry should make an ad using a weasel to represent Bush.

A weasel eh? Naw, surely we can come up with something more fitting than that.