New build won't post

Cook1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Board is a Biostar Z270GT6 and I get an 0A error code. This code isn't in the manual.

Tried swapping out keyboard and video card and have taken out all the sticks of RAM, trying one at a time. I'm right now reseating the heatsink.

New build, I'll admit I haven't built a PC in years so may be something really obvious that I'm not doing.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Start with the manual. With the mb outside the box and one stick of ram. Make sure it is in the correct slot for that configuration. Use onboard video. Do not connect hdd. Try to boot if no joy, try another one stick of ram. After a successful boot. Add one component. Wash rinse repeat.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Double check your power connections, cpu fan connection and be sure the cpu is properly inserted. And as mentioned above, try it outside the case with only 1 stick of RAM, no video card. It is possible the motherboard is grounding out in the chassis on a screw or standoff. Also be sure the BIOS chip is fully seated in it's socket. Note that board has a main BIOS and a backup BIOS which is switch selectable. So try the backup position. If okay, then the main BIOS chip is bad or needs to be reflashed. (Manual Page #13 ... Power must be removed before switching it) .. And see page #15 for proper power connections.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
You could be at the OEM initialization after microcode loading, in which case I would suggest you run a BIOS reset, make sure the battery is in place (as was mentioned) and possibly even try replacing the BIOS battery if it's still stuck.

Let us know if anything changes.